3 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 3 inch lift

Brakeline Closeout Deal! Kevlar Lined Stainless Steel BraiRecently added to our closeout section and priced to go faWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 07-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
esabatino6511
2011 JK Wrangler 

3 inch lift

im looking for an inexpensive lift for my 2011 unlimited,i bought 3 inch coil spacers off of amazon,and researched in on you tube.come to find out theres more to it then shock extensions.its my everyday ride so i dont get too crazy off roading with it.i just want to give it that lifted look.any ideas out there?

esabatino6511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
rich6700

Teraflex budget boost kit. Under 150.00
rich6700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Its your DD and you want the lifted look... that means comfortable to drive with the appearance you like.

Keep the suspension lift low. Stick with 2"-2.5". This will keep the handling and comfort nice. With minimal changes to the suspension and steering geometry.

If you still need more appearance, you can add a 1"-1.25" body lift for a little more height. The BL will give you additional height without effecting ride or handling and does not effect suspension and steering geometry.

If you still need more appearance, you can add flat flares to the setup. They will make the Jeep look higher because of the increased fender opening. The flat flares will add to the appearance but will not effect ride or handling and they do not effect suspension or steering geometry.

If you still need more appearance, the flat flares, body lift, and bump stops for a 2.5" lift provide plenty of tire clearance for 37" tires.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 03:50 AM   #4
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADE View Post
Its your DD and you want the lifted look... that means comfortable to drive with the appearance you like.

Keep the suspension lift low. Stick with 2"-2.5". This will keep the handling and comfort nice. With minimal changes to the suspension and steering geometry.

If you still need more appearance, you can add a 1"-1.25" body lift for a little more height. The BL will give you additional height without effecting ride or handling and does not effect suspension and steering geometry.

If you still need more appearance, you can add flat flares to the setup. They will make the Jeep look higher because of the increased fender opening. The flat flares will add to the appearance but will not effect ride or handling and they do not effect suspension or steering geometry.

If you still need more appearance, the flat flares, body lift, and bump stops for a 2.5" lift provide plenty of tire clearance for 37" tires.
*THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR A RK2.5" COMMENT*
Political Correctness offends me.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Hahaha. Oh you're a bad one happy...
Unread 07-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
esabatino6511
2011 JK Wrangler 

hey thanks alot for the reply.i will start looking today
Unread 07-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
esabatino6511
2011 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the info
Unread 07-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #8
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails
*THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR A RK2.5" COMMENT*
Royal Krap?

To the OP- put the credit card away and read through the forum here before making a quick decision on a lift.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Royal Krap?

To the OP- put the credit card away and read through the forum here before making a quick decision on a lift.
To each his own.

On the second opinion, I agree with ncb.
Spend some time researching the forum for previous topics like your own. I am not saying, don't ask questions. Just be sure to spend time gathering information before you spend the $$. A lift kit can be an expen$ive decision. Everyone has their own flavor of how a Jeep should look and ride.

p.s. The RESERVED SPACE-thing is just a joke thing with SLADE. He knows his stuff. We just have different opinions about lift kits. It's all good.
Political Correctness offends me.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 03:36 PM   #10
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Royal Krap?

When I got my first JK I knew nothing about which suspension lifts were the good ones and which to avoid. So what I did was to research and read up on all the info I could. I literally took notes and finally narrowed it down to three (3) lifts that I felt were worth getting. Of course I eventually settled on one of them and went with them.

All of this went on for a couple of weeks or more before I spent my money. Even though I went way over my budget (thank god for credit cards) it was worth it in the end. No regrets whatsoever.

So, like already said, take your time and make an informed decision from your perspective. Cry once or cry twice, its your call.

Dash mount for 2011-2015 JKs
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #11
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

All opinions aside, different lifts focus on different aspects and qualities. choose the qualities that fit your wants, desires, and needs. There is no perfect one size fits all lift. If anyone tells you different they are a liar or a salesman.

Leaving the name dropping out of it, a mild lift height 2"-2.5" (3" max) and using control arm drop brackets with factory control arms is my first recommendation. choose the name on the lift method and the name on the drop brackets how ever you want (there are MANY to choose from).

Happytrails and I are a good example of 2 differing opinions with the same outcome.... we are both happy with our setups. As long as your happy with what you have in the end, it doesn't matter what the rest of us think about a certain name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
p.s. The RESERVED SPACE-thing is just a joke thing with SLADE. He knows his stuff. We just have different opinions about lift kits. It's all good.

Yea, and we all know what they say about "opinions"...... And yours STINKS.

Quote:
Royal Krap?

I don't have many (ANY) good things to say about them, but even I wouldn't go that far.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.