3.8 Supercharger Kit 07 jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 3.8 Supercharger Kit 07 jeep

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Don't forget to sell it with a couple of these emblems

Unread 01-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #17
Sweeney
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercat900
We are also prototyping a plug and play unit that will give us full control of fueling and timing along with several other PCM controls.....stay tuned...

When I get some dyno data I will show both engine HP and raw to the rear wheel data so there will be no "fudge factor" LOL

I put about 30 miles on it today around town and so far it's looking good. Very quiet and smooth power.

I'm not going to post too many Pic's of the current setup.....Don't want the competition to copy...
Good! I see too many people assume huge drive train losses so they can post a BIG horse power number.
Plug and play is good especially if it's supplied pre-programed (at least 90% of the way). We actually see greater than 100% power increase at 1bar boost on our BMW engines. Proper tuning is key.

Any thoughts on how much power the stock internals of the 3.8 can handle?

I still have my '98 TJ... been toying with turbo charging it but... well, it's way down the list.

So you know I some clue to this forced induction stuff, this is me and a buddy... a side gig for me... www.turbochargingdynamics.com

I look forward to seeing your progress.
Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #18
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney
Good! I see too many people assume huge drive train losses so they can post a BIG horse power number.
Plug and play is good especially if it's supplied pre-programed (at least 90% of the way). We actually see greater than 100% power increase at 1bar boost on our BMW engines. Proper tuning is key.

Any thoughts on how much power the stock internals of the 3.8 can handle?

I still have my '98 TJ... been toying with turbo charging it but... well, it's way down the list.

So you know I some clue to this forced induction stuff, this is me and a buddy... a side gig for me... www.turbochargingdynamics.com

I look forward to seeing your progress.
we can hook you up with a nice Supercharger setup for yor 4.0 or even a 4.7 stroker kit and aluminum head if your interested

We were messing around one day on the engine dyno and bolted the supercharger i'm currently running on a stock 4.0l out of the junkyard. No fuel or timing changes...6 lbs and run it to redline 300+hp at 13.4 to 1 AFR. The 4.0 is one tough engine...we tried real hard to blow it up and the dam thing still run's as good as new
I wish they would have kept the 4.0L We are gonna miss it.
thundercat900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #19
Sweeney
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but if I go FI on the jeep I'll build a turbo system from scratch... no offense

The 4.0 is tough like the old BMW 3.5. We're pushing over 400lb/ft of torque at the wheels from 3000 -5200 rpm and 400whp with our kits. This is with all stock internals with a MLS head gasket and studs.

Do you guys have a "delivery" date for the kit?
Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #20
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney
Thanks, but if I go FI on the jeep I'll build a turbo system from scratch... no offense

The 4.0 is tough like the old BMW 3.5. We're pushing over 400lb/ft of torque at the wheels from 3000 -5200 rpm and 400whp with our kits. This is with all stock internals with a MLS head gasket and studs.

Do you guys have a "delivery" date for the kit?
Let me know when your ready to boost her, we have a plug in play unit that works really good.

either way i'm hoping to have the kit out by the end of next month. We are going to début it the second weekend of feburuary at the world of wheels car show in Birmingham Alabama http://www.worldofwheels.info/
FEB 9 10 11
Unread 01-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #21
ShockTherapy

Quote:
We are also prototyping a plug and play unit that will give us full control of fueling and timing along with several other PCM controls.....stay tuned...
Is this a handheld programmer, and can you mention who it is made by? Also, do you use your computer to modify parameters then load it to the programmer or can some of the changes be made directly from the handheld? Thanks!
ShockTherapy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2007, 11:21 PM   #22
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTherapy
Is this a handheld programmer, and can you mention who it is made by? Also, do you use your computer to modify parameters then load it to the programmer or can some of the changes be made directly from the handheld? Thanks!
its not a handheld unit, It plugs into the factory computer and has preset programs based on your mods. Up to 6 different tunes can be selected via a switch. Updated tunes can be emailed to you and can be download into the unit via laptop ......or desktop for that matter.

Its a full tune...not just a Wide open throttle tune like most handhelds and such.

I can't release the name of it yet but after we get the testing done I will post up all the specs.
Unread 01-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #23
ShockTherapy

Sweet, thanks for the info.
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #24
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I dont have a JK, but I do have a YJ that I plan on strokeing in the next year or two, or when ever it starts crapping out on me (210K and still strong!) But I would like to have one of those super bling aluminum heads for it. Yall gonna have one of those on display at the W.O.W. show? I have never been to one, think I might go this year. I am just up the road in cullman.

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Cobra Jeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #25
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jeep
Well I dont have a JK, but I do have a YJ that I plan on strokeing in the next year or two, or when ever it starts crapping out on me (210K and still strong!) But I would like to have one of those super bling aluminum heads for it. Yall gonna have one of those on display at the W.O.W. show? I have never been to one, think I might go this year. I am just up the road in cullman.
We should have one there. Give Bennie a call at the shop, he is the jeep engine guru 205-251-1472
Unread 01-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

3.8 jeep supercharger

120 miles so far and it keeps getting stronger. Engine computer must be learning my driving habbits and applying the throttle more agressivly
Unread 01-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #27
woolf

Interesting, I loved my avenger but am always open to new products.
woolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #28
ShockTherapy

Quote:
120 miles so far and it keeps getting stronger. Engine computer must be learning my driving habbits and applying the throttle more agressivly
What size and injectors does the 3.8 come with stock (19lb or 24lb maybe?), and are they standard size injectors?
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #29
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well we cranked up the boost today. We are now running on production base kit boost levels. Testing diferent combo's and measuring air temps. There is not a lot of room under the hood and it seals up very well so not much air gets in or out. Hopefull I will be able to post up some dyno numbers soon

We should have the tuner tomorow and testing will begin soon on it.
Unread 01-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
Houdini
1984 CJ7 

I know your boost level is relativily low, but has there been any discussion of charge cooling?
Houdini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.