2dr Overall Length? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2dr Overall Length?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 11-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
furbishv

2dr Overall Length?

So how long is the 2dr JK really?
I've been searching all over and can't find the truth.

Jeep.com, Edmunds.com and Carsdirect.com have the overall length of the 2dr JK as 152.8".
The fancy new brochure from Jeep gives an overall length for the 2dr JK at 163.8".
I didn't think to bring a measuring tape when I was out at the dealer looking at the vehicle.

So which is it, or is it something else entirely?
Could someone with a 2dr please go out and measure the length of thing from bumper to bumper?

Please?
tia

furbishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbishv
Jeep.com, Edmunds.com and Carsdirect.com have the overall length of the 2dr JK as 152.8".
The fancy new brochure from Jeep gives an overall length for the 2dr JK at 163.8".
Could someone with a 2dr please go out and measure the length of thing from bumper to bumper?
Maybe that's the problem -- different measuring techniques. Do you want overall length or bumper-to-bumper?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
T-man
2007 JK Wrangler 

The 153.8" measurement is probably bumper-to-bumper. The 163.8" measurement in the new brochure seems to include the length with the spare tire mounted on the back of 2-door JK.

I don't have one and did not measure it. I did measure the tread width of the Rubicon's spare wheel. The contact patch was about 7.5" wide but the overall width of the tire including the curves of the sidewalls make the width about 10.5". These are approximate numbers from my memory of measurements taken three weeks ago. (I know the bumper has an indent for the bottom of the spare tire which woud tuck in some of this length overall of the wrangler with the tire mounted.)

Anyway I think that is where the different measurements are coming from on different sites.

Maybe someone can measure the front most point of the front bumper to the rear of the spare tire. This may vary by a fraction of an inch based on the type of tire.
T-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
jpaddict

It is 163.8 including the spare tire.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue, extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
jpaddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.