285/70/17 with -12mm offset/4.5 backspace??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 285/70/17 with -12mm offset/4.5 backspace???

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

285/70/17 with -12mm offset/4.5 backspace???

So I decided to purchase this wheel/tire setup 285/70/17 with -12mm offset/4.5 backspace/17*9 rim just wanted to know any thoughts,concerns or input don't want want to go bigger since I only have 3.21 and no lift.
Thanks

bombero69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

On the road you will be fine. Off road disconnected sway bar you may rub your fenders stuffed. A leveling kit or spacer will fix that though cheap and easy. Your new tire size is only slightly larger in diameter than stock but is wider hence the need for the offset wheels. With 3.21 gears you will probably notice the lag due to the weight increase in tire combo. What tires did you get ? load range?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
On the road you will be fine. Off road disconnected sway bar you may rub your fenders stuffed. A leveling kit or spacer will fix that though cheap and easy. Your new tire size is only slightly larger in diameter than stock but is wider hence the need for the offset wheels. With 3.21 gears you will probably notice the lag due to the weight increase in tire combo. What tires did you get ? load range?
I looking at Duratracs on Vtec Raptors just wanted some input.
Thanks
Unread 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
bombero69
2012 JK Wrangler 

Like the look and don't mind them sticking out.

image-3913331014.jpg
Unread 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Compare weight of new vs old Duratracs are nice tires but be leary of heavy e rated tires with your gearing. Good luck.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.