2015 2 Door Sport: Dana 44? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2015 2 Door Sport: Dana 44?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!TJ BDS 2" suspension lift!! FINALLY a GREAT 2" l

Unread 02-05-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2015 2 Door Sport: Dana 44?

I have been looking at getting a new Wrangler, and I was wondering how to tell from packages and options listed online which ones have the rear Dana 44? It seems like a long time ago I remember reading that the 3.73 automatically made it a Dana 44 rear axle but I cannot verify that now.

Unread 02-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #2
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton View Post
I have been looking at getting a new Wrangler, and I was wondering how to tell from packages and options listed online which ones have the rear Dana 44? It seems like a long time ago I remember reading that the 3.73 automatically made it a Dana 44 rear axle but I cannot verify that now.
All new 2007 to current come with a rear Dana 44 only rubis have the Dana 44 front and rear also stock on the rubis if its a manual then it comes with 410s if u get a sahara or a sport with tow package the. It comes with 373s
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #3
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I appreciate that info.
Unread 02-06-2015, 04:39 AM   #4
JLH
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
All new 2007 to current come with a rear Dana 44 only rubis have the Dana 44 front and rear also stock on the rubis if its a manual then it comes with 410s if u get a sahara or a sport with tow package the. It comes with 373s
That's not true. Early in 2007 some of the 2-Door X and Sahara models came with Dana 35 rear axles. Shortly after, Jeep started to put Dana 44 rear axles in every model. Also, depending on year, the tow package didn't automatically include the 3.73 gears. The "Trailer Tow Group" often only included the hitch and wiring harness and not the 3.73 gears.
Unread 02-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

my 2008 came with the dana 44 rear. new rubis come standard with 4:10 only with a manual trans, if you opt for the auto trans, 3.73 is standard and 4:10 is an option.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
carracer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My 14 sport 2dr has a trailer tow pkg. Came with a 44 and s3.73.
Unread 02-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
JLH
2015 JK Wrangler 

On the 2014 models the trailer tow group only included the hitch and 4-pin harness. If you look at the window sticker the 3.73 gears are a separate option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.