2014 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
RandyMWV
2014 JK Wrangler 

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Issues

Two issues

1. frequent Door Ajar warning, for no apparent reason. Slam door very hard and it quits. Have no wires to door, and can't find any door switch in frame. ???

2. compass seems to be reading correctly, but the "cal" light keeps flashing. 500 miles on Jeep, but it just keeps flashing.

help appreciated.

RandyMWV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

500 miles take it in the dealer lol
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
2katz

Did you do the procedure to calibrate the compass? You need to go to a large parking lot set to the calibration mode in your system, make slow and steady CW turns then CCW turns. Look into your manual it gives a full explanation.
2katz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I thought the compass was self calibrating? I mean i have disconnected the battery many a time for long periods never had it ever say calibrate? I know OLDER systems you had to do the "Ring Around the Rosie" to get it to find its way.
Unread 07-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #5
330deadpool
2014 JK Wrangler 

find an empty lot , away from metal poles and drive around in circles. took me 8 circles to calibrate.
330deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.