2014 leaks bad already - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 leaks bad already

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

My hard top front panels leaked after re-installation of the two panels, once, years ago.

After paying attention to how they are seated and locked down, (per the Owner's Manual exactly), they have never leaked after re-installation again.

ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
carp505

I have had my 2014 JKU for 2 weeks. After a week it rained and had la small leak over dash at seams. At that point I hadn't taken the tops off. I tired to recreate but unable to. Took the top off on Saturday and it drizzled a little that night and no leak. Supposed to rain hard tonight so we will see.
carp505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBob View Post
So does the 4 door hardtop leak too, or just the 2 door?
so far couple of drops only...
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #19
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

So I went to the dealer, it appears my right side panel is a few millimeters too short??? It just barely latches on the front part and the back screw part is In at quite an angle (from the factory). It is not crossthreaded but if i put it in straight the front latch doesnt even get close to be able to latch. Pictures were taken and sent to Chrysler by the service manager who had no idea what to say. I'll keep ya posted on the reply from them.
Gumby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #20
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

it doesnt matter they both have panels..............seat them.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
AZBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
it doesnt matter they both have panels..............seat them.
Sounds easy but in this thread alone we have two people with leaks who had never taken the top off. If the even factory can't get it right consistently it sounds like a problem.
AZBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.