2014 JK Unlimited Lift Options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 JK Unlimited Lift Options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
grangerdw

2014 JK Unlimited Lift Options

Not sure why this never posted, I probably messed up along the way.

Short version:

Getting a new JK on Friday and getting the lift shortly after. Was centered on AEV 2.5 DS, procal module, brackets, 35"*12.5 tires and 17" wheels. After talking to Adams Jeep in MD I am also looking at the BDS 3" lift, procal, 35" tires 17" wheels.

Adams offers a lifetime warranty (BDS parts and their labor) on any failures if I do the BDS lift. They are an authorized AEV dealer, but not additional warranty offered.

Anyone have any experience with these kits? I have read a lot about the AEV, but not so much about the BDS lift. JK will see mostly roads with a once a month trip to Rausch Creek. Wife, who does not wheel, will drive it often so road manners matter a lot to me.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

-Bryan

grangerdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just installed the AEV 2.5 a couple of weeks ago. It handles fantastic both on and off road. I also have a '14 and I did the work myself. If you have the tools and are mechanically inclined, save money on the install and do it yourself. I'm glad I did and now I know a heck of a lot more where things are and how they work underneath.
Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
J+A
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just installed the AEV 4.5 sc lift with 37s on my 2014 JKU and the results were excellent. Rides and handles better than stock on the road. I also did the install myself took about 10 hours but saved money. Now I can use that money towards the regear.
J+A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
grangerdw

Thanks for the reply. I think I know enough to handle the lift, just have to decide I can wait for work to calm down enough to have time to do the job.

Would love to hear some more feedback on the lift options
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

The AEV 2.5" is a good kit for the money. I would do the AEV over the BDS extended warranty or not. You likely wouldn't have problem with the AEV, ever. The BDS, you might. Stay at 2.5"

Oh and with 35's re-gear to 4.56

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
grangerdw

Awesome, thanks!

Planning on holding off on the regear for a while. This is a 3rd vehicle and would not be on road as a daily driver.

Wonder how long that will last....... ;-)

Last edited by grangerdw; 01-12-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

1x on the AEV. Really nice kit and handles well on & off-road. The AEV tuned bilsteins are a really nice match to the kit. Great ride.
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
grangerdw

Alright, jeep is here and time to begin the mods.

Already installed ace sliders.

Calling the shop tomorrow for the following:

2.5 aev lift
Procal
Geo brackets
Rubicon rail take offs
Rugged ridge drakon wheels in gun metal
315/r70 17 duratrac tires
Teraflex spare tire carrier

Also in the works:
Best top quick disconnect for my soft top
Assorted grab handles

Down the road:
Metalcloak front and rear bumper or ace front and rear or barricade front and tbd on the rear

Need to talk to ace about the crappy welds on my sliders before sending them more money.

2014 copperhead pearl JKU

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.