2014 JK Unlimited Lift Options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 JK Unlimited Lift Options

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
grangerdw

2014 JK Unlimited Lift Options

My new JK shows up on Friday and I want to finalize my life, tire and wheels so I can get this done pretty soon after delivery.

The jeep is a 3rd vehicle and will not see a ton of miles. That being said, I want to "do this right" the first time and not find myself replacing this lift down the road unless I decide to go bigger. Use will be primarily on road with occasional trips to Rausch Creek once a month or so. I want/need this to handle well on road as my wife will be driving this a lot with the kids. May actually find myself on the outside looking in when it comes to time in the jeep as she is almost more excited than I am.

Original plan was AEV's 2.5 suspension lift with 35x12.50 tires. I planned on the lift, brackets, procal, wheels and tires.

After talking with a local shop with a good reputation for modding jeeps (Adams Jeep in MD), I am looking at the BDS 3" lift with the same tire size and procal. Biggest reason for this is the lifetime warranty offered by BDS coupled with the lifetime labor by the Adams if anything does go bad.

What is everyone's take/experiences with these two lifts? What would/did you do?

Thanks!

Bryan

grangerdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.