2014 JK unlimited hard top to bimini top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 JK unlimited hard top to bimini top

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiIRON CROSS Jeep JK Front and Rear STUBBY BUMPERS IN STOCK

Unread 06-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #1
davlefty0584
2014 JK Wrangler 

2014 JK unlimited hard top to bimini top

Good morning everyone. Have a question. I currently have a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited with hard top. With the summer months already upon us, I was looking at putting the hard top away until the late fall and going with some form of protection from the elements when needed. I was looking into bimini tops, specifically the QuadraTop brand. Looking at the installation, it says I need to remove the windsheild header. Now, it does not show how to remove it, or if they are reffering to a soft top header. The header shown does not look like the header I currently have. Now, if I need to get an additional header, that is fine. But how do I remove my current windsheild header? Now keep in mind, I do have the bluetooth capability so I think my mic is located above the driver side.

davlefty0584 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2015, 02:51 AM   #2
OH9JK
2009 JK Wrangler 

There is no header with a hard top. Most bikini tops require you to purchase one. Which top are you looking at purchasing?
OH9JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
davlefty0584
2014 JK Wrangler 

I was looking at getting the Quadratop Bimini top. Unless of course there are better ones out there.
Unread 06-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
shin0bi1
2012 JK Wrangler 

I use the mopar sun bonnet which has a built in header and I like it a lot. I get no leaks in the front and it works like the factory soft top header.
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
davlefty0584
2014 JK Wrangler 

ha' reat!! Thank you. I will check it out!!
Unread 07-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
knupe387
2014 JK Wrangler 

is the tops rain proof
knupe387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
shin0bi1
2012 JK Wrangler 

There are two versions of the Mopar sun bonnet (bikini top). One that uses the stock softop door channels/frame (i believe) and the one that i have that does not. I dont run doors or the factory soft top door channels at all during the summer time so i opted not to get that version. There are no leaks or anything from the top but since obviously i run with no doors and stuff i get wet on the sides. But then again i dont give a **** about that lol its a jeep

-Shin0bi1
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.