2014 Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 Jeep

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Tuxster
2009 KK Liberty 

2014 Jeep

I was looking at the 2014 jeep eBrochure and noticed that the 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION with AUTOSTICK is available. The AutoStick feature offers driver-selectable control to manually change gears.

Is this something new for 2014? Last jeep I had was a 2007 Rubicon and I dont remember having this feature.

Thx

Tuxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
FreeLantz
Are we havin' fun yet?

2007 JK Wrangler 

I have an '07 too. They used a 4-speed automatic back then.

The newer models with the 3.6-liter engine have "AutoStick" when you get the automatic.

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL
FreeLantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Tuxster
2009 KK Liberty 

I was seriously thinking of getting a manual transmission model but I think the auto stick option maybe just the ticket. Is there any word of jeep coming out with a deisel model for 2015?
Tuxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Matoskah
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 was the first year for the 5 speed and had auto stick. I love my auto stick and I would not have a standard over it.... just me!
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
rayder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoskah
2012 was the first year for the 5 speed and had auto stick. I love my auto stick and I would not have a standard over it.... just me!
I'll ditto that. I wheeled my manual YJ for years then I had 2 broncos with automatics. The lugging, accidental kills, grabbing the wrong gear at a critical moment etc. went away. While there are advantages to selecting a good gear to work with on a manual, this shiftable auto seems to be the best of both worlds without a clutch,
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.