Originally Posted by DCfromCapeCod
I've owned jeeps for years - current is a 1986 CJ-7 that I rebuilt from the frame up in 2002.
I am looking for a new 2014 as a daily driver and have a few questions...
1. Is there a new version coming out anytime soon?
2. I heard the early 3.6 had some issues but new production is sorted out?
3. Is there any online order guide available with colors and options?
4. Can anyone recommend a deal is South Carolina to order from?
5. Probably leaning towards an Unlimited Rubicon as I would put the Dana 44's in anyway...thoughts on this vs Sport?
Okay so here we go:
1.production apparently extended through 2018
2.nothing is gauranteed, but there seem to be less complaints from 2013 owners. I've got 12000 km on mine and its great
3.there's a 2014 thread floating around that should be able to answer that, kinda seems like the flashy colours will be a bit of a wait!
4.can't help ya! I can recommend a good dealer here though haha
5.this is a can of worms. I went Rubi because you can (apparently) run 35s well with stock gearing, and I really wanted the 4:1 transfer case as I have a chance to go to Moab every year!
Just go for what you want and don't look back! Good luck!