2014 Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 Help

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 08-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
DCfromCapeCod
1986 CJ7 

2014 Help

I've owned jeeps for years - current is a 1986 CJ-7 that I rebuilt from the frame up in 2002.

I am looking for a new 2014 as a daily driver and have a few questions...

1. Is there a new version coming out anytime soon?
2. I heard the early 3.6 had some issues but new production is sorted out?
3. Is there any online order guide available with colors and options?
4. Can anyone recommend a deal is South Carolina to order from?
5. Probably leaning towards an Unlimited Rubicon as I would put the Dana 44's in anyway...thoughts on this vs Sport?

Thanks guys!

DCfromCapeCod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCfromCapeCod View Post
I've owned jeeps for years - current is a 1986 CJ-7 that I rebuilt from the frame up in 2002.

5. Probably leaning towards an Unlimited Rubicon as I would put the Dana 44's in anyway...thoughts on this vs Sport?

Thanks guys!
Okay so here we go:
1.production apparently extended through 2018
2.nothing is gauranteed, but there seem to be less complaints from 2013 owners. I've got 12000 km on mine and its great
3.there's a 2014 thread floating around that should be able to answer that, kinda seems like the flashy colours will be a bit of a wait!
4.can't help ya! I can recommend a good dealer here though haha
5.this is a can of worms. I went Rubi because you can (apparently) run 35s well with stock gearing, and I really wanted the 4:1 transfer case as I have a chance to go to Moab every year!

Just go for what you want and don't look back! Good luck!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks guys!
1) there is only one thing that may or may noy happen. In 2015 or 16 we may finally get a diesel, from what ive read it will be the fiat v6 that is going in the ram 1500. Supposedly 240hp 420tq. Which are great numbers. Fuel economy will be greatly increased
2) early production late fall 2011 if I remember correctly. Ive had two 12's on 17k miles and in is at 10k right now. Both never had /have issues
3) the jeep website will have most of what you're looking for, but your best bed is just to go talk to a dealership
4)cant help ya there
5)imo rubis are great, 4x1 tcase is amazing in the rocks, jeep seems to do a lot more without any lugging at idle. The weak point imo is the fron axle tubes id recomment a truss or sleeves if running 35 or over. 35 you can get away stock easy if you're off the skinny pedal on the trail
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm, we seem to think similarly or get our info from the same site awinski...and we were both smart enough to buy a Jeep while going to school haha!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
Hmmm, we seem to think similarly or get our info from the same site awinski...and we were both smart enough to buy a Jeep while going to school haha!
Haha its just from a year on this forum lol. Ill have to go check your threads
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
rayder1

I have a '13 JKUR. Been perfect so far. It is one of the ones pending a transmission fluid line recall, but otherwise flawless. You can't beat the Rubicon package for the aforementioned reasons, as well as the sway bar disconnect and front-rear push button lockers.

The only good reason to go with the Sport would be the lower price and build-ability. It gives you a fairly good platform to build on without throwing away expensive factory add-on's.

By buying the Rubi, I'm inclined to keep it mostly stock until the factory warrantee runs out. I haven't encountered anything a stock Rubicon won't handle off road that careful wheel positioning and driving skill won't overcome. (Except, maybe, a 3 foot deep mud hole or deep water crossing). I do have my sources keeping an eye out for a near totaled 10'th anniversary Rubi that I can cannibalize. There's some great parts to snag there like the steel front and rear bumpers and front skid plate.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same as above. I got the Rubi this time around b/c I know what I like to do off road and it fits it pretty well right out of the box.

And sidenote: Apparently Jeep listens to surveys. When I got mine, I answered all the surveys (well...a couple long online ones) and my suggestion was to add an off road kit. 2014 has the Warn off road kit. I meant for it to be std issue on the Rubis..but they're making a move in the right direction.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #8
INowUnderstand
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm View Post
Same as above. I got the Rubi this time around b/c I know what I like to do off road and it fits it pretty well right out of the box.

And sidenote: Apparently Jeep listens to surveys. When I got mine, I answered all the surveys (well...a couple long online ones) and my suggestion was to add an off road kit. 2014 has the Warn off road kit. I meant for it to be std issue on the Rubis..but they're making a move in the right direction.
What is in the warn off road kit?
INowUnderstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by INowUnderstand View Post
What is in the warn off road kit?
WARN TRAIL KIT

Two D-Rings
Tow Strap
Gloves
Storage bag
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I'd love to see the price for that haha.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Brando0275
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks guys!
Join treadlightly for 100$ and you can buy any new jeep from a dealer at 1% below invoice without haggle. Some will say to negotiate first then show the letter but it's like employee pricing. They will charge what the invoice says minus 1%.
Brando0275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.