2014 headlights better than older JK's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 headlights better than older JK's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 12-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

2014 headlights better than older JK's?

I noticed that the headlights on my 2014 JKU are significantly better than on my 2007 I traded for it. Did they change headlights or was just simply a case of the lenses on my 2007 being in bad condition?

Unread 12-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Not that I am aware of. Just had a fella with a 14 ask me about upgraded headlight options.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Dead-On
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was wondering if there had been some sort of an upgrade at the factory at some point myself. I test drove 2 different 13 JK's at night in the fall of 2012 a little over a year ago. I was so disappointed with the lights I bought a set of Sylvania Silver Stars to put in my newly ordered 2013 JKU. But when I picked up my Jeep in Dec 2012 I was shocked at how bright the lights were. The lights in my JKU were considerably better than the lights in both JK's I test drove a few months earlier. So I still have the Sylvanias in a box.
Dead-On is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
cdwright

It was the first upgrade I did, going to cibies and H4 halogens
cdwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 02:51 AM   #5
spinlock

It is probably just due to the haze that builds up on the lenses. I still have the housings+bulbs from my '09 and they are identical.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 with aimed and upgraded silverstars and still sucks. I think a couple of maglights taped to the fenders would be an improvement.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

part numbers are the same across the model

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.