2014 changes - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2014 changes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

if you're not building it to thrash it, a rubicon is a waste

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Spyder that is how I felt, but I always here negative comments about 37's on the dana 30. But I assume those are the guys that are thrashing it which is why it doesn't hold up as well as the 44
SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

That's exactly it. Plus as well, 37s are a (at least monetarily) waste too if you don't intend to use them. Your components and fuel mileage will be much happier/better on 35s.

That said, once you get the appetite for a bigger tire - it never leaves

Unread 06-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6
That's exactly it. Plus as well, 37s are a (at least monetarily) waste too if you don't intend to use them. Your components and fuel mileage will be much happier/better on 35s.

That said, once you get the appetite for a bigger tire - it never leaves
No, this is very true. It will have moderate offroad use (light trails, etc) and nothing extreme. I have a 84 cj7 I can thrash when I need to.

And yes I agree that the 37's are a waste monetarily, but just like you said. When you have a taste for bigger tires it is hard to settle for a double cheeseburger when you want the big Mac!

So as long it is moderate offroad and mostly on road driving you think the sport with 3.73 and Dana 30 will do ok with 37's?
SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #20
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Wasn't copperhead pearl the color that Stacey David, the Trucks guy, came up with? If it's the same color, it's going to be a great color for a Wrangler.
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueStatus View Post
well, commando green didnt last very long lol. I wanna know what the Amp'd color is going to be! Although most of the new colors sound pretty sweet.

the transmission temp/oil pressure option will be a nice addition.

edit: Found a color chart...not as impressed with the colors as i thought I would be. The names make them sound a lot cooler

Hmm.. very glad I bought my JKU now. Loving Commando Green!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch

No, this is very true. It will have moderate offroad use (light trails, etc) and nothing extreme. I have a 84 cj7 I can thrash when I need to.

And yes I agree that the 37's are a waste monetarily, but just like you said. When you have a taste for bigger tires it is hard to settle for a double cheeseburger when you want the big Mac!

So as long it is moderate offroad and mostly on road driving you think the sport with 3.73 and Dana 30 will do ok with 37's?
There isn't anything to say that it wouldn't. Just be wary of the fact you're walking the line. Reinforcing the inner Cs and doing a sleeve or a truss would add some serious piece of mind. At that point you wouldn't have to worry about tweaking the housing, just snapping something on its inside.

Unread 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

^All those colors would look good on a Camero, Mustang, or Challenger. Not crazy about them on a Jeep, tho. Maybe seeing them in person will change my mind.

I think a Jeep should be more earthy colors. They need to have at least one variation of dark green. My Ram Hemi is the Hunter Green. In some light and angles, it looks black. Absolutely georgous in direct sun.

.....there's always black
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wish the new display features could be programed on the 2013!!! Really would like actual oil pressure and tranny temp readouts.
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #25
hipshot33

ordered my 14 unl. rubi 2 days ago.... was wanting a yellow but read that the amp'd was a metallic i decided to go with the dune... i hear that production of the 14's begins on july22... now to decide on upgrades??
hipshot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
^All those colors would look good on a Camero, Mustang, or Challenger. Not crazy about them on a Jeep, tho. Maybe seeing them in person will change my mind.

I think a Jeep should be more earthy colors. They need to have at least one variation of dark green. My Ram Hemi is the Hunter Green. In some light and angles, it looks black. Absolutely georgous in direct sun.

my ram is huntergreen also, would look awesome on a jeep.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
Dead-On
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilgeno View Post
Hmm.. very glad I bought my JKU now. Loving Commando Green!

YUP...!

Dead-On is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
chris79
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post

Nothing beats Flame Red on a Wrangler...glad to see it back.
chris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris79 View Post
Nothing beats Flame Red on a Wrangler...glad to see it back.
Agreed! Of course it is personal preference but that is the color I'm ordering.

Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #30
rayder1

I hate to read the goodies they are going to add the year after I bought my Rubi.

Makes me feel like I got screwed out of something cool...like the Warn kit and the U-connect extras.

I'm sure the Jeep dealer can slap on the extras for several thousand, so I can have the 2014 goodies. But when the 15 comes out I'm gonna have to make another trip!
😆
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.