2013 Unlimited Sport S Pros/Cons? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 Unlimited Sport S Pros/Cons?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

2013 Unlimited Sport S Pros/Cons?

Hi, im new to this website and fairly new to the muddin world. Been in Jeeps most of my life, but never owned a Wrangler before. I currently have an '08 liberty im looking to get rid of and replace it with a Unlimited Sport S and im looking for the Pros and Cons of it. I want to get it ready for some good mudding, little trail runnin, and make it look good! What do you guys have for me?

Corvito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

bump
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
T00THD0C
2013 JK Wrangler 

All I can say is get your Wrangler and drive it a while, then decide what you want to do with it. Mine is pretty stock other than a few basic add-ons like sill covers and Dynomax muffler. I don't plan to do any mudding with it so I'm not going to lift it or put bigger tires on. It's a daily driver and it's comfortable for me. I like how lifted Jeeps look but I've been through all that with old Broncos and Landcruisers.
T00THD0C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

What exactly are you wanting for comparison? Liberty vs wrangler? 2 door vs 4? Sport S vs Rubi? Knowing that will help generate more pros and cons!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

It all depends on what you want out of your Jeep. I bought the Sport S bc I liked the features it has and wasn't going to pay more for the Sahara features. I don't plan on taking it too far off the trail but right now its a daily driver. If you were going to get a rock crawler or mudslinger then why not just get the sport and spend that extra money on aftermarket parts making it what you want. If you don't plan on making it anything other then a daily driver then a sport, sport S, or Sahara just depends on what you want and what you can afford.
saintdoggx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
dcramer63
2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought a new "S" in 2011. I regret not buying a Rubi, as I've since become more of an off-road enthusiast than I ever imagined. If you think you'll even be remotely serious about mudding, you'll be way further ahead to spend the extra now.
dcramer63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I bought a 2013 unlimited sport s i Iove it but if I could of afforded a rubicon that would of been my pick for sure but hey mine does everything it really depends I what you want it for if you plan on lifting to run 35 s go rubicon if not sport s are nice

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

i would like to lift it and run 35's and go mudding really. ill be using it for every day driving to and from base, beach, and hit the mud on weekends. I dont have the money for a rubicon and i plan on adding aftermarket parts anyways. but i would get a rubicon if i could. so im trying to figure out if im hurting myself by getting an s and upgrading that rather than another wrangler?
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

i just want to make sure that my purchase will be worth it and not a waste of money once i start adding parts to it?
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #10
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Its never a waste of money. Just depends on what you can afford. Just make sure when adding parts that it is something you want to keep on there because if you keep switching parts all the time then yeah that might be a waste of money.
saintdoggx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

I cringe to think what would happen to my 13' sport if I treated it like I do my 90' YJ

Mudding is very fun but clean up and the things it destroys is the devil!
dirty-jeep-009.jpg  
dirty-jeep-008.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.