2013 stock JK unlimited with DW - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 stock JK unlimited with DW

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 09-22-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013 stock JK unlimited with DW

I started experiencing Death Wobble very often recently. In almost every blog and forum they say de happens to the jeeps who either has installed lift kits or with high mileage. Mine fits to none!

It is a 2013 with barely 16 000 km ( around 10 k miles)

I barely use it for off-road close to none.

The dealer has no idea they keep changing parts but never seem to solve the problem.

I believe I must direct the dealer so need advices on which parts to change to get rid of this problem.

Thanks

DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
chiefkp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Get a new Dealer maybe..
Unread 09-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wish I could ...
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Wrigley
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaGuT View Post
I started experiencing Death Wobble very often recently. In almost every blog and forum they say de happens to the jeeps who either has installed lift kits or with high mileage. Mine fits to none!

It is a 2013 with barely 16 000 km ( around 10 k miles)

I barely use it for off-road close to none.

The dealer has no idea they keep changing parts but never seem to solve the problem.

I believe I must direct the dealer so need advices on which parts to change to get rid of this problem.

Thanks
When was the last time you had your tires balanced CORRECTLY?

Mike
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
Pooples
2005 LJ Wrangler 

↑↑ I agree, start with a good tire balance first. Roadforce if it's available.
Pooples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooples View Post
↑↑ I agree, start with a good tire balance first. Roadforce if it's available.
Roadforce locator to find one near you.

YES they ARE that much better - they balance with real correction for sidewall deflection. Other balancers use mathematical equation to ESTIMATE deflection.
Unread 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #7
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Check your trac bar bolts, make sure the holes they bolt into aren't wallowed out and replace with the correct size bolt...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

sure it is DW and not just shimmy? Death W is a violent shaking of the front end.

What have they replaced/ checked?
Unread 09-23-2014, 04:30 AM   #9
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Well The url seems to fail to appear properly.
Please search in youtube: Death Wobble Jeep Rubicon unlimited Stock 2013 !
and you shall see the video. Sorry for the quality I was trying to control the wheel as well .

I am pretty sure this is DW. What I don't understand is never heard of DW on new model stock jeeps.

The tire balances were ok had them aligned couple of weeks ago.

Right now dealer is replacing the track bar, wheel bar and bolts. But they don't really know if that is the main reason so I guess they are just trying to show that they are doing something and hoping that it would work.

Jeep is still under the warranty. And in Turkey to buy these we pay more than triple the price that u are paying. So I can push the dealer as much as I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.