2013 Saraha Potential purchase...Few questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 Saraha Potential purchase...Few questions...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Outsider

2013 Saraha Potential purchase...Few questions...

Hey Guys and Gals,

I rarely if ever post on here but i do enjoy reading the site...Here is my questions...Found a 6 speed Saraha that fits my wants/needs it is $$ 29,144

specs listed here at the dealer website if you want to check it out.

http://www.astorgdodgechryslerjeep.c...37f0531e61.htm

How durable are the Saraha models as to interstate driving? I drive a lot of interstate to work every day...to the tune of 25 K per year...Will the road noise be noticable in a jeep? Is this much driving gonig to gut the jeep over the course of 5 - 7 years? Will i constantly be replacing parts? I like to think that i take care of vehicles...i am a fan of regular service...and I can turn a wrench so I can do some work myself...

I am not going to put mud tires on it or lift it or anything like that (just yet). Do the 13's have any known issues? Does Jeep offer any factory extended warranty you can purchase through jeep? If so, Is the extended warranty worth the paper it is written on?

I am currently in a 2010 tacoma and it nickel and dimeing me to death...well acutally hundred and fiftying me to death..those toyota parts are horribly expensive.

Thanks for any input!!!

Regards,

Nick.

Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Wrigley
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
Hey Guys and Gals,

I rarely if ever post on here but i do enjoy reading the site...Here is my questions...Found a 6 speed Saraha that fits my wants/needs it is $$ 29,144

specs listed here at the dealer website if you want to check it out.

http://www.astorgdodgechryslerjeep.c...37f0531e61.htm

How durable are the Saraha models as to interstate driving? I drive a lot of interstate to work every day...to the tune of 25 K per year...Will the road noise be noticable in a jeep? Is this much driving gonig to gut the jeep over the course of 5 - 7 years? Will i constantly be replacing parts? I like to think that i take care of vehicles...i am a fan of regular service...and I can turn a wrench so I can do some work myself...

I am not going to put mud tires on it or lift it or anything like that (just yet). Do the 13's have any known issues? Does Jeep offer any factory extended warranty you can purchase through jeep? If so, Is the extended warranty worth the paper it is written on?

I am currently in a 2010 tacoma and it nickel and dimeing me to death...well acutally hundred and fiftying me to death..those toyota parts are horribly expensive.

Thanks for any input!!!

Regards,

Nick.
That's quite strange that a Tacoma that new is giving you so many problems. I too drive many highway miles back and forth to work. I bought my 2013 JK on Feb. 24 and just turned 16,000 miles. I drive about 70/30 highway to city and my MPG is around 19. Road noise is not bad and is something that you will be used to in a short time. Actually, you will probably be surprised as to how quiet the ride is. I also do not have a lift nor larger tires. Mine is stock and will stay that way.

Mike
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Outsider

Thanks for the reply mike...My tacoma has 80 K over 4 years, and i have recently replaced 2 front wheel bearings/hubs/seals/gaskets, and now it has a rear axle bearing trying to go bad...I am not happy....espically with a potential 700 dollar + service bill if i keep the truck.
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Toyota's have problems just like everything else does.

If I could make a recommendation, if you aren't a jeep guy, then find a rental and drive it for a week and see how you like it. Jeeps have their quirks and not everyone is a jeep lover. You will find most on here love them and think they are the best thing since sliced bread but if you haven't spent your life in one you might not find the jeep quite as wonderful as the forum posters say it is.

It would be worth the few hundred you spent on the rental. Otherwise you might become one of the many posters on the forums that show up saying "My 30k new jeep shouldn't be....". Instead, you will be "My new 30K Chevy shouldn't be..." but then we wouldn't have to hear it

Serious though, get a rental if you haven't spent a lot of time in a jeep.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
If I could make a recommendation, if you aren't a jeep guy, then find a rental and drive it for a week and see how you like it. Jeeps have their quirks and not everyone is a jeep lover.
good advice. things that tend to catch people by surprise is mpg, and handling on very windy days, both are related to the non aerodynamic nature of a driving a brick.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Outsider

I used to have a 97 model in high school, I drove it for a few years before going off to the Air FOrce.......The only thing that has me the least big concerned is the ability to carry my hunting/fishing equipment...nothing a small trailer couldn't fix, i have already been dreaming up a rod/reel mount to retrofit to the back tire/rack....
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

I personally think the JK, especially with the 3.6, is a big step up from the 97 TJ you had. Not to say there is anything wrong with the TJ's but the JK is a little more refined.

The 2-door doesnt have a lot of extra cargo space but a roof rack or trailer works well to add more cargo room.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Outsider

Yeah, I had a 4-banger.
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you drove a 4-banger TJ for a few years, then the 2013 JK will be great on the highway. Two issue I see pop up over and over are leaking tops and the 730 nav unit having trouble. you should be able to get for a few points below dealer invoice. Join treadlightly at the $100 dollar level and get a 2014 for 1% under invoice.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
wingit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
If you drove a 4-banger TJ for a few years, then the 2013 JK will be great on the highway. Two issue I see pop up over and over are leaking tops and the 730 nav unit having trouble. you should be able to get for a few points below dealer invoice. Join treadlightly at the $100 dollar level and get a 2014 for 1% under invoice.
I was also going to mention this. As far as warranty they offer a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty. I personally didn't buy it. Plan on upgrading to diesel when they release.

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wingit/wrangler][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/204189.png[/IMG][/URL]
wingit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
lysol
2013 WK 

Or just forget the Chrysler NAV (430N and 730N) and go with the 130N. I did as I hate my wife's 730N in her Grand Cherokee. Biggest pile of crap as far as user friendliness goes.
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #12
Blackrubi13
2013 JK Wrangler 

Lots of good points so far. As mentioned the Jk's are much more refined and the creature comforts are much better than past wranglers. I have to say my 13 has less road noise than my 2500 Silverado. Even with the soft top its much better than past models. Heated seats the girlfriend loves, some have complained about the climate control but I feel its adequate. I had a YJ, TJ, and now a 13JKUR and this is by far the nicest I have driven and love everything about it. Really enjoying the extra space of the unlimited. Its a jeep and you will probably either love it or hate it so make sure it fits your needs, but I say go for it.
Blackrubi13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My 2013 Rubicon 2 door is by FAR the best Jeep I have had...and I have owned at least 12 other Jeeps, ranging from my 1963 CJ to a 1987 J-20 bought new, to a 2005 Diesel Liberty, and finally this '13. And just about everything in-between. It is amazinly quiet, stable, and solid all around. I drive it 30 miles round trip to work most days, and have no complaints.
715racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
RyanE5
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you're going to have this as your main vehicle than I'd recommend the 4 door for a couple reasons. I have a 2 door and I really compromise on storage space, the 4 door has sooo much more room. You may not use all of the space all of the time, but you will like the extra space when you need it. The 4 door will also ride better on the highway since it has a longer wheelbase.
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a 4 door Sahara as my DD and I really like it.....but to be honest, a Wrangler isn't really meant to be a big time highway vehicle. It isn't that there is anything wrong with it....it is just that there are far better vehicle suited for that purpose.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.