2013 Rubicon with 3" Mopar Stage III Lift - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 Rubicon with 3" Mopar Stage III Lift

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #46
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post
Maybe you should! Which is why I think the subcontractors doing the install are raking in cash, good for them. Lets not forget one other critical point, put that lift cost under my car loan, mighty hard to find another $3-4K right after you dropped $10K in a down payment...
Ur not talking about not having a car payment (quoted above). you talking about dropping 10K on a potentially 35k-50k vehicle and financing the rest. The only thing droppng anymoney on the vehicle does is lower your payment and maybe get you that low interest rate your credit couldnt get you already. If you are talking about totally buying the car outright>? that is always the better option and as you stated: a better option for you. in this circumstance that isnt the case. let the bank give the dealership chunks of cash...dont have it come straight out of your checking/savings accounts. And if you cant afford a 3-4K lift kit and tires bc of a hefty carpayment...then defenatly wouldnt finance it..just dont get the lift at all. thats like financing rims for your escalade that you couldnt afford.

In this OPs case, to have to peice of mind that the dealership installed the lift, and will warranty it..i still would not finance that part of the price sheet all said and done. And I am not pointing the finger saying he did that. at that point: put the 3-4k down for the lift and tires that you could afford and finance the actual vehicle. we are talking about secure credit lines here. 3-4k financed ontop of a vehicle for the lift and tires will not book out for a secure credit line (just the 3-4k portion for the lift and tires). If the bank took the vehicle back and had to resell it...and would not get the equity out of the lift and tires, that would be money owed and nothing to show for it bc it essentially doesnt book out. enough with my rambling though. it doesnt matter. all that matters is that anyperson is gonna buy that nice pair of shoes regardless of what they cost bc in the end it makes them happy.

nice JK

www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #47
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwco4x4 View Post
Has anyone added a winch to their rig with this lift. What kind of front suspension sag do you have. I'm looking at hust doing a winch plate and winch
I can get you close to the answer. I have a TF 4" long arm suspension on my '09 JKUR, with TF's bumpers front & rear and a Warn 9500 Powerplant winch. the weight of the bumper & winch sagged the front springs a measured 5/16" over being unladen. The TF JK kits all use a 1/2" spacer on top of the front springs, so I used one of their 1" spacers in its place. IIRC, the winch & bumper combination weighted somewhere in the 130 - 150 lb range. I'll check my notes and post the exact number for you. Would add that after about 38k miles the TF 4" springs haven't sagged more than 1/4" all the way around. The rig did have the tyical "JK lean" to the right, which I fixed with an additional 1/2" of rear spacer .
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #48
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
Ur not talking about not having a car payment (quoted above). you talking about dropping 10K on a potentially 35k-50k vehicle and financing the rest. The only thing droppng anymoney on the vehicle does is lower your payment and maybe get you that low interest rate your credit couldnt get you already. If you are talking about totally buying the car outright>? that is always the better option and as you stated: a better option for you. in this circumstance that isnt the case. let the bank give the dealership chunks of cash...dont have it come straight out of your checking/savings accounts. And if you cant afford a 3-4K lift kit and tires bc of a hefty carpayment...then defenatly wouldnt finance it..just dont get the lift at all. thats like financing rims for your escalade that you couldnt afford.

In this OPs case, to have to peice of mind that the dealership installed the lift, and will warranty it..i still would not finance that part of the price sheet all said and done. And I am not pointing the finger saying he did that. at that point: put the 3-4k down for the lift and tires that you could afford and finance the actual vehicle. we are talking about secure credit lines here. 3-4k financed ontop of a vehicle for the lift and tires will not book out for a secure credit line (just the 3-4k portion for the lift and tires). If the bank took the vehicle back and had to resell it...and would not get the equity out of the lift and tires, that would be money owed and nothing to show for it bc it essentially doesnt book out. enough with my rambling though. it doesnt matter. all that matters is that anyperson is gonna buy that nice pair of shoes regardless of what they cost bc in the end it makes them happy.

nice JK
Good points, some did not apply to me so that's why I went my route, in any case, a vehicle purchase is an investment in nothing more than transportation or a jeeps case entertainment. Take care.
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #49
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

amen
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #50
murfysflaw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Bottom line, it looks good, you enjoy it, and you have peace of mind with your decision. That's really all that matters.
murfysflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #51
nwco4x4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post

I'll tell you in two weeks...
What have you found
nwco4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #52
BigNunz6
2012 WK 

Jeep looks awesome and you're happy, that's all that counts. Enjoy!
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #53
rixkix
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks 1985 CJ5. I bought a used 2011 Rubicon from my local dealer this week. 4 door, black, all stock. Due to this thread the choice of the lift kit was easy, same as yours. Going in Monday for the install.
rixkix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #54
bonestockracing
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think the jeep looks great, how does it ride, flex, perform?

This year I will be lifting my 14 JKUR and was considering this lift.
/l ,[____], White Jeep Club Member #7171999
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
bonestockracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #55
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

My dealer installs all types of lifts and they ensure warranty on all of them. I did my own install and the only thing that isn't under warranty are the parts that I installed. I guess you're afraid to change your own oil too for fear of a warranty issue. Better not take it offroad either or they might void your warranty. You guys that lose sleep over warranty issues because of mods need to read up on the law surrounding warranties.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.