2013 Rubicon with 3" Mopar Stage III Lift - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 Rubicon with 3" Mopar Stage III Lift

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #31
Jeff5886
1983 CJ5 

Thanks all!

Jeff5886 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #32
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Limiting straps?
Unread 05-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #33
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

The dealer mounted my shocks with the clamp to the frame not hose clamps onto the main shock body. I wonder if the installer took any other shortcuts
williewvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #34
Matoskah
2012 JK Wrangler 

Funny there is not $2,000.00 markup on any Wrangler made!
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #35
GreenRenegade
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hi,
When you (they) tighten these bolts, the "tab" rotates until it hits something enabling you to tighten it. Not saying they may not have stuck a wrench or socket on it, but you might want to make sure all the control arm bolts are tight.

Dan
loose-bolt.jpg  
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #36
nwco4x4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone added a winch to their rig with this lift. What kind of front suspension sag do you have. I'm looking at hust doing a winch plate and winch
nwco4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #37
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

My research shows the mopar kit is a combination of whatever the dealer wants their subcontractor to install. AEV, teraflex, fox, etc, Yes, they are warranted by the dealer/teraflex, or mopar warranty as stock items, but as noted, abuse it and they can deny.

Why do they warranty theirs but not one you put on? They can, they do it to get jeeps sold which look cool, get other folks to come in and buy a jeep even if they don't put the lift on it, you helped them sell a jeep, so they will warranty the lift. Think about it, they lift one out of ten jeeps, ok more here in Scottsdale, but you get the picture, warranty the one to sell nine more jeeps, sounds like a good decision.

I admit, I fell for the dealer lift based on them verifying the warranty would apply, and now wish I would have researched it a little more to dial in my setup, but peace of mind goes along way at my age.
73azbronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwco4x4 View Post
Has anyone added a winch to their rig with this lift. What kind of front suspension sag do you have. I'm looking at hust doing a winch plate and winch
I'll tell you in two weeks...
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #39
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post
My research shows the mopar kit is a combination of whatever the dealer wants their subcontractor to install. AEV, teraflex, fox, etc, Yes, they are warranted by the dealer/teraflex, or mopar warranty as stock items, but as noted, abuse it and they can deny.

Why do they warranty theirs but not one you put on? They can, they do it to get jeeps sold which look cool, get other folks to come in and buy a jeep even if they don't put the lift on it, you helped them sell a jeep, so they will warranty the lift. Think about it, they lift one out of ten jeeps, ok more here in Scottsdale, but you get the picture, warranty the one to sell nine more jeeps, sounds like a good decision.

I admit, I fell for the dealer lift based on them verifying the warranty would apply, and now wish I would have researched it a little more to dial in my setup, but peace of mind goes along way at my age.
You can pick up a Rough Country lift for $900. Rough Country has a lifetime warranty. Not the best lifts on the market but they'll replace anything. I think you could get into a long arm Rough Country for like $1500.

As far as I know Teraflex, Rock Krawler, AEV, Synergy all stand behind their products and warranty them. The dealer doesn't do anything above and beyond what the parts manufacturers do. If something in the Mopar lift fails, guess what, they get a new part from Teraflex and install it for you (within warranty). Once your Jeep is out of warranty then you are on your own, but Teraflex will probably still send you a new part depending on what failed and how. It is amazing how many people throw $3K into a simple bolt on lift just for the word "warranty." Makes me think, I can go into business of just making "cool Jeeps" for people. I would warranty my work too.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #40
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

Maybe you should! Which is why I think the subcontractors doing the install are raking in cash, good for them. Lets not forget one other critical point, put that lift cost under my car loan, mighty hard to find another $3-4K right after you dropped $10K in a down payment...
Unread 10-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #41
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

dropping 10k in hard cash on a down payment is a waste of $$$$ IMO. its investing your money in something that losses value daily. and on top of that it has interest accruing. make as little or no down payment...have good credit...get a low low interest rate...and invest your money in IRAs, CDs, and other investments. take the positive interest accrued in your favor and then buy or put into the car balance with that money made of of what you invested. having alot of hard cash is hard to come by these days.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #42
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

The Mopar 3" is co-developed with Teraflex & Fox. Uses Tera coils and fixed length arms with clevite joints on both ends. It's similar to Tera's Pre Runner kits, with the 3" SpeedBumps up fromt an 2.5" in back. The limit straps are essentially to keep the shocks in one piece for high speed running. Good kit, if a bit pricy compared to others.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #43
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
dropping 10k in hard cash on a down payment is a waste of $$$$ IMO. its investing your money in something that losses value daily. and on top of that it has interest accruing. make as little or no down payment...have good credit...get a low low interest rate...and invest your money in IRAs, CDs, and other investments. take the positive interest accrued in your favor and then buy or put into the car balance with that money made of of what you invested. having alot of hard cash is hard to come by these days.
It depends on an individuals finances, for me, I make more money not having a car loan.
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #44
spinlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post
It depends on an individuals finances, for me, I make more money not having a car loan.
Exactly!
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #45
towerassoc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mopar 3" Install:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2...09/index3.html

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2...09/index3.html
towerassoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.