2013 Rubicon with 3" Mopar Stage III Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 Rubicon with 3" Mopar Stage III Lift

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

isee they limit straped it on the front. They did that so it wont flex past the stock drive lines abilty and the needed Y pipe mod. To get the full ability of those shocks and lift it would need a front drive line and the ypip fixed.

I am not sure what you plan on the "going wheeling" side of owning a Jeep. But as a fellow AZ jeeper better keep it in 3 and under rated trails. Its not so much the lift that kills a warranty but wheeling it. Wheel it hard and about anything can be said to be " user abuse".

Tera flex makes fixed lenght arms? I noticed they put on "cam bolts" Those things can lead to wallowing out of the LCA mounts in Az rocky trails.

The shocks are most the cost of that lift and are over kill, for most people. It is the shock of most mall jeeps. They were intended for fast cycling as in off road racing. But Jeeps are not good at speed off road, to heavy.

All in all its a nice looking Jeep and the only one that needs to be happy is you.

See you out on the trails perhaps, a fellow AZ jeeper.

Did the dealer say that if you put on the lift it would void its warranty. If so thats a rather good sign they are not friendly to off road, no matter what is in righting, they can allways pull the "You did it".

Unread 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #17
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

It doesnt use cam bolts if you look closely you'll see it uses heavy squared washers to help prevent egging of the factory holes.I have the same lift and it will go anywhere I want to go.
The limiter straps are there to protect the shocks, they stop the travel just before the shock maxs out so it doesn't kill those high dollar SOBs
williewvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

sure they are. with a stock drive line lol yea right.
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #19
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

With my stock drive line and the shocks/ limiter straps off the sway bar stops the front end from falling out and the drive line still turns. The kit moves the crossover pipe that hits the front shaft down and back enough to miss the shaft at full droop.
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #20
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

Also I'm not looking at the kit in a book and making assumptions. I actually own one.
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
profunctional
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can you tell me how tall it is? I'm going with the 3" mopar/fox from the dealership with 35"s. i want to make sure it will fit in my garage.

TIA.
profunctional is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'll measure in the morning. I have km2s which run just a little smaller than some 35s so you might add about a half inch
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #23
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great looking jeep, dude. Who the hell cares what the Internet badasses think. Your jeep. Your cash. BFD. Enjoy the rig.

I didnt need to put on 33"MTs since 95% of my honest usage is on road. Yes, it's a huge waste of money & resources. Yet, nobody critiques that!

Unless you own/drive Hitmoney or some of the absolutely over the top badass JK (which all get trailered to events, at last check) you probably drive your jeep as a Daily Drver too.

Internet tough guys, bench pressing their keyboard, making ego strong, wife/girlfriend sleeping in next room over. Yeah tough guys!!!
Lol
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #24
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

The way I see it is there most definitely some dealer mark up. That said if it gains piece of mind for the OP it was worth it. The money didn't come out of my pocket.
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #25
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here is a pic of the new one with the mopar lift. The red rock rubi is sold.
image-2176917100.jpg  
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

So the 3.5" Mopar Lift is really just a terraflex lift rebranded with Fox Shocks?
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #27
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

It's a three in not a three and a half. The mopar kit is a teraflex prerunner with fox shocks and a set of fixed length rubber on both ends control arms. The teraflex version has adjustable arms with johnnie joints. Other than that they are the same.
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks good.

I have reservoir shocks in the front too, with the reservoirs attached to the main shock body as well.

A helpful hint is those shocks will turn just due to the fact there is nothing preventing them from rotating.

I ran a long zip tie around my shock and connected reservoir and the shock housing so they would not rotate.

Of course I thought of that after I saw mine turn (when doing offroading with good articulation of my front axle) and the hose clamp was crimped due to the tire hitting the shock and forcing it to turn further.

If you need a picture of what I am talking about I will take one and attach here.
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
smanno
2013 JK Wrangler 

Geez, the local dealer has a sign out for Lift Kits installed 4995.00

Makes 3000 look cheap! BTW nice rig OP.
smanno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbasham View Post
So the 3.5" Mopar Lift is really just a terraflex lift rebranded with Fox Shocks?
The 3.5 lift may be an AEV lift.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.