2013 JKUR swaybar issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 JKUR swaybar issue

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

2013 JKUR swaybar issue

Searched, but haven't found this exact problem.

My 2013 JKUR with ~4,000 miles has a swaybar issue. When I'm on a rocky trail, and I have the swaybar disconnected, I hear clunking noises when the wheels articulate. It does not occur if I reconnect. It almost sounds like the teeth inside the mechanism are ratcheting - as though they did not fully disconnect. Or, the mechanism is reconnecting and disconnecting inappropriately, even though I'm under 5 mph the whole time. It has done this since new.

I had it in to the dealer at 3,000 miles for this, but of course they couldn't find anything wrong.

Any advice on what to do, or what to tell the dealer to look for?

Unread 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

has it been lifted? what lift?
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
has it been lifted? what lift?
It has a teraflex spacer leveling kit, but it did this before (and after) the lift.
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So, I guess I'm the only one? Always fun to be a pioneer!
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

I heard occasional clunking offroad and thought it was my disconnect too... Turns out it was just my brand new OME SS slamming the bottom of my frame

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

If it only doesit/w swaybar disco--

Unless you've got modified fenders, it's probably the "up" tire ratcheting on the fender--mine doesit occasionally with extreme articulation-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

What youíre going to have to do is take a tech on a ride near by the dealership and replicate the problem. Itís the only way youíll get any satisfaction from them.

First find a spot nearby that will make it do like you say it does. A vacant lot with little gullies or dirt mounds, speed bumps, curbs, dips etc. You must be in the Jeep with them either as a driver or pass.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.