2013 JKU.. First Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 JKU.. First Jeep

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
schussler6
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013 JKU.. First Jeep

Whats going on everyone, not sure if this the right section to post in, but oh well. Im currently on a tour in Afghanistan and while being at one of the bases i decided to check out the Military car place, ended up purchasing a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited !! i always wanted one, and finally i have one! i have some questions (yes i will do my research but if i can get some guidance to save time it would be greatly appreciated) i purchased the sport, with max tow package, upgraded sound system, 3 piece hard top, anti-slip, power convenience package, 6spd manual, my plans for the jeep are mainly DD use, maybe some mild off-roading, and pulling a trailer or boat. i really want to order my wheels & tires while im here so when i get home i can just put them on.. i want 33"s what is the biggest tire i can put on stock with out rubbing? i come from the Euro car scene so what can i expect with a jeep? this is completely new to me and as i am trying to do as much research as i can about mods, i just dont have the time. thanks

schussler6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Welcome and thanks for the service.

Definitely check out the "will it rub" thread in the stickies section of JK Tech.

In short, you can run 33s on stock suspension. If you want to go with a wider than stock tire width, you'll need rims with 4.5" backspace or less. You can also run a 33x12.50 on stock rims if you get 1.5" wheel spacers if you just want to keep the rims you have for now.

Hope this helps, do lots of research before buying and get home safe!
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
schussler6
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18 View Post
Welcome and thanks for the service.

Definitely check out the "will it rub" thread in the stickies section of JK Tech.

In short, you can run 33s on stock suspension. If you want to go with a wider than stock tire width, you'll need rims with 4.5" backspace or less. You can also run a 33x12.50 on stock rims if you get 1.5" wheel spacers if you just want to keep the rims you have for now.

Hope this helps, do lots of research before buying and get home safe!
thanks a lot! ill def do more research!
schussler6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.