2013 JKU Budget Boost + Body Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 JKU Budget Boost + Body Lift

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013 JKU Budget Boost + Body Lift

I just purchased a 2013 JKU and was planning on doing a 2.5" Teraflex Budget Boost and a 1" Body Lift. My plan was this will then get me to 3.5" without having to mess with track arms, etc. and if i put on flat fenders will be able to clear 37"s.

Has anyone done this setup and if so does it work well?

Also way way way down the line i figured if i want to go higher, I wont have to replace the springs twice.

Kmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have also been curious about this. I know that with a new short bumper and flares you can clear 35s. I don't see why I bb and bl would let u clear 37s. Just know u r going to have to regear
Crayzjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ya i knew the regear would have to happen. Teraflex said on this lift that the max tire size was a 35" on the budget boost, so i figured with the extra inch on the body lift and to flat flares to add for clearance i would be able to get 37s, but then again thats why im posting because im not sure
- Smittybilt CRES Cargo Net
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Do u go wheeling often? If not then 3.5 inches and flares should be plenty. I would think that if u go wheeling though u might rub. If it is just for looks Id say go for it
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
smartbutlazy374
2011 JK Wrangler 

If people can run 42s with 2.5 inches of lift (extreme cutting obviously) then you can run 37s on 3.5 Just get some flat fenders and re-gear.

"I have come to the conclusion that the wave is NOT a Jeep thing- it is a WHEELER thing." -N2rock
smartbutlazy374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ya I live in Chicago suburbs so not much wheeling here. Occasionally we will go make a trip to do some but I'd say only like once a month or so
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

also gearing for those 37s? 4.10? its an automatic transmition
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Metalcloak fenders will allow you to clear 37s stock. I'm running these with 35s and a leveling kit. Stock bumpstops and I can fully stuff the tires no rubbing.
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

I do like the metalcloak flares however thats a little outta my budget at nearly $800 bucks for the fronts only after u get the flare extensions.
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

4.1 would work but it may feel leggy. I would go up to I believe 4.88 or 5.13? I am not sure if my numbers are correct
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Elias4WDCenter

For 34-35" we recommend 4.88s with 3.8L or 3.6L.
For 37s, you pretty much need 4.88 minimum but 5.13s are better (although we prefer 4.88s, because the 5:13 ring gear is so thin).

We do a lot of Teraflex BB like you're looking at, but Zone Off Road has a pretty good BB, too.

BILSTEINS, BILSTEINS, BILSTEINS will make you happy.

edited: So the budget boost and all that CAN get you into 37s, but not on stock wheels. I came back to edit because of the shocks. Stock shocks with 37s will not work well. That is SO much more weight for them to try to control. Every 10 lbs unsprung weight is like adding 100 lbs of payload. And going from 32s to 37s - it is more than just tire diameter your gear change needs to account for, you need to go a little higher on the charts to make up for the weight increase.
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!

Last edited by Elias4WDCenter; 12-05-2012 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: a little more info
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

I agree with above. Is there any reason why you want 37? On my new 2013 jk I plan on only going to 35. Why? Because I want to try and not change my gears from 4.10 to 4.88 and, in all honesty, they are more practical for ME. I don't have a lot of money to go get fancy drive shafts and stuff so I plan on just going 2.5bb and try to see how that works for me.

And the new wheels as mentioned above is a good point. You are going to want to invest in a good set
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

in my opinion 35's have the ability to look very good or very bad. Ive seen many pictures where 35's look like they fit perfectly. But for every one of those ive also have seen one where the tires look tiny on a jeep.
I haven't seen a single set of 37's that look small and out of place. Its sort of just my own version of a safe bet because i know no matter the lift size (as long as ur not lifted like 6 -8 inches) the 37's will fill that space well. Also i just like being high up and 37's will do that.

I think my stock gears are 3.73 or possibly lower? so i kinda came to terms that they are gonna need to change. One other note, I have the anti-slip diff option on mine, is that going to make changing the gearing any harder?
Unread 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
Crayzjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

I 100% agree that 35s can look great or like crap. And nobody can blame you for wanting to place some big tires under your jeep!

In terms of gears you probably have 3.73. When upgrading I don't think u will have any real trouble. Because jeep gears are a common swap they should have plenty that work for you.
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #15
Elias4WDCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmin View Post
in my opinion 35's have the ability to look very good or very bad. Ive seen many pictures where 35's look like they fit perfectly. But for every one of those ive also have seen one where the tires look tiny on a jeep.
I haven't seen a single set of 37's that look small and out of place. Its sort of just my own version of a safe bet because i know no matter the lift size (as long as ur not lifted like 6 -8 inches) the 37's will fill that space well. Also i just like being high up and 37's will do that.

I think my stock gears are 3.73 or possibly lower? so i kinda came to terms that they are gonna need to change. One other note, I have the anti-slip diff option on mine, is that going to make changing the gearing any harder?
Without actually seeing it...
Anti slip, probably 3.2X gears (3.21?)
What we would do is get a 'thick cut' ring gear for the ratio you need (like 4.88) and your stock anti spin will work. Optionally, we would highly recommend an OX Locker (because we always do!) and letting your traction control worry about poor weather traction by applying your brakes.

35s - If you really want it done right, just get a 3.5" lift, tires, gears and BE HAPPY with what you have! It'll work.
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.