2013 JKU Auto Regear for 35s? 37s? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 JKU Auto Regear for 35s? 37s?

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 12-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013 JKU Auto Regear for 35s? 37s?

So im between a rock and a hard place on what tires to do and how neccesary it is to regear.
I have a 2013 JKU sport automatic with 3.73 gearing.

I currently offroad mabey 10 times a year, with once or twice a year being hard offroading but even that is mostly mud here in the midwest, very few rocks/crawling.

Could my current gearing push 37's if this is the only offroading i will be doing and don't care about being sluggish?
Same questions regarding the 35's? I understand 35's are much more resonable but from what i have read the worst thing i could have done was get the image of 37's in my head and now im afraid i will regret it if i get 35's.

(put aside the whole lift and flat fenders debate because i know i will be doing this)

- Smittybilt CRES Cargo Net
Kmin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

37"s is alot of tire. if off road you would have to upgrade so much i wont even go into it. you can go35"s and be in a much more reliable ride.

37 and what you have means no more 5th. you will kill a set of ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings very fast too. you will be fixing that new Jeep alot and i realy do not think Jeep will warranty it.

with 4:10 and 35 on my rubi it can barley hang in 5th. unless i am flying at 80+.
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
37"s is alot of tire. if off road you would have to upgrade so much i wont even go into it. you can go35"s and be in a much more reliable ride.

37 and what you have means no more 5th. you will kill a set of ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings very fast too. you will be fixing that new Jeep alot and i realy do not think Jeep will warranty it.

with 4:10 and 35 on my rubi it can barley hang in 5th. unless i am flying at 80+.
I agree with this.

You can do 35's on the 3.6 without a regear. I've been running like this for a few months. An AEV Procal will make it smoother because it will correct the shift points. I would describe it as borderline. Sure a re-gear would be nice, but not a necessity.

37's and you will need a re-gear and the additional can of worms mentioned above. Also looks like you have a Sport? 35's on the front D30 is already pushing your luck. 37's and you're looking to break something or do an axle swap. $$$
suicideking is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Kmin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok i think that settles it,

If it was physically possible to stretch the stock gearing to do 37's i would but it sounds impossible so 35's it is. Il wait till my warrentys up in three years and hopefully il need new tires and will do the regear/beefing up then.

Thanks for the input!
- Smittybilt CRES Cargo Net
Kmin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
auto , jk , jku , regear , stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.