2013 JK Unlimited-Looking for engine performance upgrades-Suggestions?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013 JK Unlimited-Looking for engine performance upgrades-Suggestions??

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
braves31

2013 JK Unlimited-Looking for engine performance upgrades-Suggestions??

2013 JK Unlimited 3.6L with automatic. I was looking for some engine performance upgrades to increase the HP, improve mileage, etc. What have some of you done? I read a lot of posts about a CAI, JET performance modules and how they really dont do much. What about Borla exhaust? Anything else out there that will boost HP and mileage?? Thanks!

braves31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

Intake will give you better sound with no real world boost in performance. An exhaust is about the same.

I would recommend regearing if it feeling sluggish.
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
floridajpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

RIPP has a Supercharger for the 3.6 that will be released soon. It is listed on their web site but I dont think you can order yet. You have to give them your info if you want to be one of the first to get the Supercharger.
It says on their web site to email RIPP your Full Name, Address and Phone number. We will put you on the list for the production run.
floridajpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

You are gonna get a host of different thoughts on this... My opinion is either a re-gear, SC, accompanied by full exhaust. Keep away from chips, cai's, cold air intakes, as these are fools gold. They aren't bad, but the claimed HP gain is usually netted only after installed as a complimentary to a bigger add-on such as supercharging, nos...etc.
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

You mean that you're not impressed by the new jeep JESUS engine ?

I'd suggest selling it and purchase an 07/1--3.8L auto jeep and regear it

Now you'll be a happy camper !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

I hear sprinkling pixie dust on the air filter gives you the best results, 100 extra hp and up to 45 mpg. Stuff is hard to find though.
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman
I hear sprinkling pixie dust on the air filter gives you the best results, 100 extra hp and up to 45 mpg. Stuff is hard to find though.
Don't forget the stickers advertising the pixie dust!!! Adds 10 more rwhp!
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
You mean that you're not impressed by the new jeep JESUS engine ?

I'd suggest selling it and purchase an 07/1--3.8L auto jeep and regear it

Now you'll be a happy camper !

JIMBO
He just doesn't have a couple years with the old 3.8 as comparison...

I freaking LOVE the new Jesus engine. Total game changer.

Tell you what OP, trade your '13 for someone's '11 or older for a week and then come back and tell us what you think.. 40% more horsepower is a huge difference.

The v6's in the Jeeps are not detuned like a lot of your v8's and what not are. The problem is in the transmission.
Drive one of the older Dodge Caravan's with the 3.8 in it and it takes off like a rocket. (relatively speaking)
I was able to spin the tires in one I had with no problem at all.

The only thing you can really do is regear or supercharge it.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.