2013/2014 ordering - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013/2014 ordering

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 06-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #61
CharlieHustle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog9296 View Post
I've had my order in on a '13 since May 10th. I am starting to worry now that I may too get that BX order status. I called the dealer this morning to ask them to try to get a better update. It's been in the Production Scheduled status for more than 3 weeks now. I noticed the color change today on Jeeps sight but did not notice Anvil as an option. Is Anvil going to be an option for the 14's but it's just not on the web yet?
Mine was in production scheduled stage for three weeks with no updates then on Monday morning I got an email from Jeep saying the build had started, so I clicked the link they provided to my build site and it showed they were already shipping it!? Makes me wonder how diligent they are in providing quick updates. Still haven't heard from my dealer though so I'm not sure how long it takes to deliver.

CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #62
lewdog9296
2013 JK Wrangler 

Okay, so an update on mine. I got confirmation from the dealer yesterday that I am in D1 status with a delivery date! Should see it sometime in the next week or two! Looks like the cut off was after the 10th of May. Dealer told me ship date was June 19th, but that it can vary 2 to 3 weeks on that date due to filling trucks or train cars.
lewdog9296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #63
shadowlink
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just took delivery of a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Anvil Grey) a couple weeks ago. I had it ordered and didnt have to wait too long for it to show up
shadowlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #64
CharlieHustle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlink View Post
I just took delivery of a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Anvil Grey) a couple weeks ago. I had it ordered and didnt have to wait too long for it to show up
Nice choice! Anvil is such a cool color.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #65
JeepCares

It doesn't take long to assemble the Wrangler. Usually less than two days.
JeepCares is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #66
rayder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch
Crap! I was hoping to get a Rubi, but the more BS they make you buy the less I want a Rubi. +$700 for the 730 is just another reason for buying the sport. All I want is the fricking 44 up front!
If you want to go bare bones on the Rubi....order the non sat radio. I think that the uConnect 430 might have been phased out. I got my 13 and wanted the 430 not the 730. It arrived with the730 and the dealer ate the difference.

You also get the Rubicon rims, disconnecting swaybar and 4 wheel lock....rubicon seats....and judging from other models I parked next to, a mild body lift.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #67
Brando0275
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor
I've spoken to my salesman at the local dealership a few times about ordering a 2 door Wrangler in Oct. When I mentioned the Tread Lightley discount, he just blew me off, saying that since I get the Supplier Discount, (I work at UPS) the Tread Lightly deal doesn't apply to me.

Does that sound right?
That's right. The treadlightly discount is the same as a supplier discount. No need to spend the money in your case unless you want tosupport the cause. Tread lightly will save some money on falken tires too
Brando0275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #68
jeepinbowhunter
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ordered my 2014 Unlimited Sahara on June, 14th in Billet. New rims are in the works. The Dealer called me back today and had a description but no pictures. The new rim is the only type available.

JB
2006 XK Commander (Daily Driver)
2014 JK Unlimited Sahara (On Order)
jeepinbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #69
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just received an email from Jeep that my order is being processed! Can't wait, hoping I have it before middle of July.
Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #70
barnettd

Sahara Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbowhunter View Post
Ordered my 2014 Unlimited Sahara on June, 14th in Billet. New rims are in the works. The Dealer called me back today and had a description but no pictures. The new rim is the only type available.

JB
What was the description of the rims... the 2013 Sahara s have a new rim for that model year
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #71
jeepinbowhunter
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettd View Post
What was the description of the rims... the 2013 Sahara s have a new rim for that model year
I have been doing a lot of looking and I think it the same rim as last year. It just is not showing options yet. I will post the description off my order later today.

JB
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #72
barnettd

6 of one kind half dozen of the other

[QUOTE=hipshot33;15547330]... I only saw the Rubicon order template... I noticed that we were unable to pick the uniconnect 430 and had to opt for the 730 (+$700) ouch...

You can still order with out a navi system at all. In 2013 you could get a 430N for $1035 or so and then pay another $495 for the U connect. The 730N has voice command and for $175 more you got the U connect steering wheel.
I would like voice connect because I drive a stick shift.
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #73
Yeep99
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
If you go that route (I did) then do not mention it until after all negotiations are done and you have agreed on final price. If you tell them ahead of time they will adjust the selling price to counter the 1%.

Also don’t let them tell you that it can’t apply to you or that they will have to renegotiate the price, it just ain’t so.
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I have been a GSM for a Jeep dealer for the past 7 years. Stop wasting everyone's time, walk in and tell them you're a Tread Lightly member, and you get your 1% under invoice in about 30 seconds. No negotiations needed.

Why would you waste everyone's time to negotiate, and THEN tell them you're a member?

The only way I can see a dealer trying to renegotiate a 1% under invoice deal is if they were using markup on the trade. I can see a dealer giving you less on a trade when you're buying their car for under invoice. If that's what you're trying to do (get a bigger trade allowance on a net number), then I don't blame the dealer for trying to renegotiate. If some of you wonder why dealers give you a rough time, ask yourself...am I giving them a hard time? Am I being reasonable?

For the rest of you? Just tell the dealer you're a Tread Lightly member. Save everyone the hassle. On a 1% under invoice deal, a dealer makes about $650-1,000 profit selling you a Jeep. On a $25-40k purchase? Hard to say that's unreasonable.
Yeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #74
jeepinbowhunter
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettd View Post
Here ya go. It looks to me like it is the standard Sahara rim from last year.

18X7.5 POLISHED SATIN CARBON WHL (WFC)

Got an update from Jeep that my JKU is scheduled for production but no date is listed yet.

JB
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #75
lysol
2013 WK 

I miss the Orange Crush color from 2012... I wish I would have picked one up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.