2013/2014 ordering - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013/2014 ordering

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #31
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh...lol

The dealer said 2014 orders start on Tuesday June 11th. Was really hoping to get the Jeep before the end of June, but if I'm getting a 2014 for the same price guess I can wait a little longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
No I meant I thought the dealer was lying to the op but maybe he wasnt. after I read your post i started to worry, so I checked the status on my order. Seems pretty early to stop making 2013's but what do I know, haha

Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #32
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

You can order by June 15th? I didn't think they would take orders that soon, but what do I know! I know that they shut things down for retooling for a month I thought?? I wonder how long before they would start producing the 2014 orders? Did they tell you how long your wait would be if you order a 2014 model on June 15th?
SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

June 11th according to my dealer. I will keep you guys posted on when I hear somethign for sure.
Also, after I got the call yesterday I checked another Jeep forum and confirmed June 11th by another thread about 2014 info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch View Post
You can order by June 15th? I didn't think they would take orders that soon, but what do I know! I know that they shut things down for retooling for a month I thought?? I wonder how long before they would start producing the 2014 orders? Did they tell you how long your wait would be if you order a 2014 model on June 15th?
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

So have they confirmed any changes for the 2014 models? It seems like if they are allowing orders for the 2014 models on the 11th they would have to release any changes (paint, interior changes, etc.), right?

Keep me up to date on what you find because I am also ordering a 2014 model
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know the best/most accurate to get the dealer invoice price? I've checked NADA, KBB, and True car for invoice price and they aren't all that consistent.
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #36
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How do I put this...There is a ton of information about prices, options and colors on another Jeep board, but nothing on model changes and I can not/will not link that information as it was asked not to. I frequent 3 differnt boards....this one, JK Forum and Wrangler Forum.

My understanding is there will not any material changes in 2014 model.

Hope this helps and I wish I could provide more info.

I think I'm sticking with White and not going with Anvil, Dune, Black, Flame Red or Billet. Anyone else have any thoughts about the color options that are out there as of right now?

Quote:
So have they confirmed any changes for the 2014 models? It seems like if they are allowing orders for the 2014 models on the 11th they would have to release any changes (paint, interior changes, etc.), right?

Keep me up to date on what you find because I am also ordering a 2014 model
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Iím not sure if youíre aware of this but you can get an automatic discount (1% below invoice) right from the start if you join Tread Lightly.

If you go that route (I did) then do not mention it until after all negotiations are done and you have agreed on final price. If you tell them ahead of time they will adjust the selling price to counter the 1%.

Also donít let them tell you that it canít apply to you or that they will have to renegotiate the price, it just ainít so.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I did exactly what you typed and it worked for me. As you can see by my price at the beginning of the thread I had my negotiated price below invoice and then they were like you ready to sign and said nope I am a tread lighlty member. They took off another 1%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Iím not sure if youíre aware of this but you can get an automatic discount (1% below invoice) right from the start if you join Tread Lightly.

If you go that route (I did) then do not mention it until after all negotiations are done and you have agreed on final price. If you tell them ahead of time they will adjust the selling price to counter the 1%.

Also donít let them tell you that it canít apply to you or that they will have to renegotiate the price, it just ainít so.
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Love it; I liked the look they had on their faces and how they tried to weasel out of it when I sprung it on them.
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
^^^ Love it; I liked the look they had on their faces and how they tried to weasel out of it when I sprung it on them.
Just registered with Tread Lightly. Thanks for the advise. Do you have to wait 30 days of being a member? Do you receive some type of certificate stating 1% below invoice for members? Can't wait to order my 2014 JKU and slip the tread lightly discount in at last minute
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #41
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think you can go ahead and order with the 1% and then show them proof when you sign the docs. I've read that you are really not locked into the special order as most dealers will refund your deposit and just sell it on the lot.

I'm 100% sure though as this is my first time doing the special order thing. When I tell people what I did they were like you can do that...lol

Quote:
Just registered with Tread Lightly. Thanks for the advise. Do you have to wait 30 days of being a member? Do you receive some type of certificate stating 1% below invoice for members? Can't wait to order my 2014 JKU and slip the tread lightly discount in at last minute
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #42
barnettd

2014 Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
No I meant I thought the dealer was lying to the op but maybe he wasnt. after I read your post i started to worry, so I checked the status on my order. Seems pretty early to stop making 2013's but what do I know, haha
My dealer rep told me a month ago that the 2014 window would open in June... of course delivery will be several months later. If you read old posts this is consistent with previous years.... stop taking orders in April or May and start accepting orders during the break and switch over.

He is a friend so I believe he gives me the best info he has at the time. Doesn't look like any significant changes... color, maybe an option or two and of course special editions.

I may check tomorrow and see if he has access to the order sheets
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #43
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
When you receive your package from Tread Lightly in the mail it will include the proper documentation for you to give to the dealer. It will include a special number (forget what it’s called) authorizing your discount that must be presented to the dealer in order for this to all work. I can’t remember how long it takes to receive it from Tread Lightly but I’m sure there’s a lot more info on their site than I can give here.

When I joined the fee was $75, well worth it. It’s a very good organization dedicated to our sport.
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #44
Rivet
1968 C101 

Quote:
When you receive your package from Tread Lightly in the mail it will include the proper documentation for you to give to the dealer. It will include a special number (forget what itís called) authorizing your discount that must be presented to the dealer in order for this to all work. I canít remember how long it takes to receive it from Tread Lightly but Iím sure thereís a lot more info on their site than I can give here.

When I joined the fee was $75, well worth it. Itís a very good organization dedicated to our sport.

Remember if anyone wants to go the Tread Lightly route. You must be a member for a minimum of 30 days. So if you are thinking about ordering a new JK soon. Plan getting your Tread Lightly subscription before hand. Shouldn't be an issue being it usually takes 50+ days to complete an order but I wouldn't chance it.
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #45
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
I think I'm sticking with White and not going with Anvil, Dune, Black, Flame Red or Billet. Anyone else have any thoughts about the color options that are out there as of right now?
Just a comment - all these available colors are "clear coat."
ANVIL CLEAR COAT
BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BLACK CLEAR COAT
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
DUNE CLEAR COAT
FLAME RED CLEAR COAT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.