2013/2014 ordering - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013/2014 ordering

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
Well, here in StL area, seems all the dealers have exhausted their allocation limits. Apparently ordering is more limited by this than when the production run ends.

The closest Wrangler matching my specs is 450 miles away and it'd cost over $600 to ship it here.

Since I'd rather get exactly what I want [I plan on keeping it forever], am in no rush [just adding this to my garage] and have pricing 'locked down', the best answer for me is to wait until the '14s are available and order one then.... I guess in Sept.

Should be able to get it before the summer heat breaks and then, as soon as it does, take advantage of the beautiful fall colors w/ top off driving...

:Woot:

John
I'm with you Deuskid. I have been waiting to get a JKU since they came out in 2007. I can wait a little longer to order exactly what I want. I am planning on ordering my 2014 as soon as I can!

Here is my order, but haven't 100% confirmed yet... Here are my 2 options:

Black JKU Sport
Half doors
Automatic
Max Tow Package (3.73 gears)
Connectivity group
Premium sound

OR

Black JKU Rubicon
Automatic
4.10 gears
Half Doors
Connectivity group
Premium Sound

Decisions, Decisions....

SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop02x View Post
No Orange..... I like that Anvil might make the regular color list.
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #18
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-coupe View Post
No Orange..... I like that Anvil might make the regular color list.
Correct! No Orange. Not really sure how "Bright Amber" will play out. It can sometimes be hard to get an accurate depiction of a color just from paint chips. Guess we'll see!
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Correct! No Orange. Not really sure how "Bright Amber" will play out. It can sometimes be hard to get an accurate depiction of a color just from paint chips. Guess we'll see!
"Rugged Brown" already shows up on jeep.com
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
"Rugged Brown" already shows up on jeep.com
Rugged Brown is on some of the 2013 models. Pretty sure it was one of the late availability colors.
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
spurscar
2012 JK Wrangler 

Biggest Jeep dealer here also couldn't order 2013's anymore when I asked yesterday.

And shame Deep Cherry is going away.
spurscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Copperhead appears to be close to Sunburst (2009's orange) or Mango Tango (2010-2011 orange).

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...tary%20Edition
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to update everyone. Looks like my 2013 order was cancelled yesterday. So, the dealer is going to order me a 14 for the same price as they felt really bad about leading me on into to think everything was a go. I'm very happy to be getting a 1 year newer vehicle now ...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsons79
I ordered a 2013 JKUR on Tuesday and the sales guys never acted like I needed to hurry to get the order in by a deadline. So, I would say go to a different dealership. I ordered mine from Georgia and live in North Carolina.
Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
CharlieHustle
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just ordered my jku on march 15th, i would say he's lying
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #25
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not lying.dealer called me yesterday and it went into BX status which is cancelled. I ordered mine on May 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle
I just ordered my jku on march 15th, i would say he's lying
Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #26
bluerockymtn

I was torn between a gecko or commando jkur.. Looks like I don't have to worry about color choice now. Sucks cause I was leaning towards gecko
bluerockymtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #27
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockymtn View Post
I was torn between a gecko or commando jkur.. Looks like I don't have to worry about color choice now. Sucks cause I was leaning towards gecko
Commando will grow on you. Plus I barely ever see other ones so you'll definitely have a unique Jeep!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #28
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
I'm not lying.dealer called me yesterday and it went into BX status which is cancelled. I ordered mine on May 15th.
I think he meant the dealer was lying, not you. What color did you order? Color availability could have been what got your order cancelled. When we first started looking and trying to figure out if we could order a Rock Lobster JKU with the options she wanted, several dealers said that they could still place an order for one. However, it was the system that was flawed. It was still allowing them to place an order on colors that were no longer available.

Your order was before the deadline; so I don't know of anything other than color that would prevent them from fulfilling your order.
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockymtn View Post
There are still plenty of Geckos out there to choose from. It's just a matter of finding one that has everything you want or willing to compromise on some of the options.

The same goes for the Commando Green Jeeps. However, looks like Commando might be a color option for the 2014 models. If it is, then it's just a matter of waiting for Jeep to start production/delivery!
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
CharlieHustle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
No I meant I thought the dealer was lying to the op but maybe he wasnt. after I read your post i started to worry, so I checked the status on my order. Seems pretty early to stop making 2013's but what do I know, haha
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.