2013/2014 ordering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013/2014 ordering

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 05-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013/2014 ordering

I just talked to a salesman who told me the window is closed to order a 2013 and that he won't be able to order a 2014 until plant shut down/re-open in sept.

Is this true?

He seems to be really professional and has offered to show me the true dealer cost [he found exactly what I wanted at a different dealer] not the 'standard' factory invoice. I told him to have the Jeep shipped to his dealership and we'll deal.

John

Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

sounds like he just wast you to buy one on the lot or dealer trade.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
bdub1285
2001 TJ Wrangler 

At some point auto makers stop accepting orders for the current model year to switch over to the next. When that is for Jeep, I don't know...
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
ncb

Call Jeep and ask.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

It is way too early in the year to stop taking orders on 2013s. That guy is just trying to sell you one of his vehicles.

I would call another dealer anywhere near you and just tell him you would like to come in to place an order for a 2013 and you would like to know how long you have before D-day and see what he says.
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My wife and I are/were fighting this exact battle. Outside of some variables, it was my understanding that for dealers ordering for their "inventory"; the deadline is the last week in May and the deadline for "sold" orders is the first week of June. However, the variable that may dictate what you can and cannot order is color choice. My wife wanted a Rock Lobster JKU and we wanted to order so we could get exactly what she wanted on the vehicle without having to compromise between things she wanted but wouldn't have and things she didn't want and would have (not to mention there were several options that we could save money on by just buying aftermarket and me installing the items for her).

I do know that Rock Lobster is no longer available for 2013 factory order models (straight out of Chrysler's/Jeep team's mouth). However, they way they stated that it (Rock Lobster) was no longer available seem to leave open the possibility that it may be a late availability color option for the 2014. That is completely speculation and may or may not be the case. Others that I am pretty sure are no longer available are Crush Orange and Gecko Green (don't hold me to that but I am pretty sure those colors are done for). For 2014 models, nothing definitive has been provided yet that I know of but there is some information around and about to give you an idea and is probably a safe assumption to what the color options will be. If your not happy about the 2014 color choices, I wouldn't gamble on the possibility of Jeep bringing a color that you like back from 2013 for late availability (even though it's possible).

We are left with having to get a Rock Lobster JKU off of a lot somewhere and we will just deal with the "bells and whistles factor" the best we can.

Hope this helps!
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Dang! I guess I will be waiting until September to order a 2014! I have waited to buy an Unlimited since they first came out in 2007... I guess I can wait a few more months for just the right jeep! I here the Hemi will be introduced in the 2014 models....

SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

I called 2 different jeep dealers and one salesman couldn't find out the answer but could call me back after he learned... the second said they could order through Monday of next week [interestingly, it was the same dealership different salesman, that the salesman in the first post told me "can't order any more '13's"

I called Jeep.com customer service 800# and the guy there said it is dependent upon allocation by dealer and some dealers could have already used up their allotment. He did confirm that 2014 cannot be ordered until Sept.

I'm going to wait to see if the salesman in my first post, did, indeed, find exactly what I wanted.

What a frustrating process.

John
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered a 2013 JKUR on Tuesday and the sales guys never acted like I needed to hurry to get the order in by a deadline. So, I would say go to a different dealership. I ordered mine from Georgia and live in North Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid
I just talked to a salesman who told me the window is closed to order a 2013 and that he won't be able to order a 2014 until plant shut down/re-open in sept.

Is this true?

He seems to be really professional and has offered to show me the true dealer cost [he found exactly what I wanted at a different dealer] not the 'standard' factory invoice. I told him to have the Jeep shipped to his dealership and we'll deal.

John
Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #10
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

I asked about ordering when I bought mine last week and the dealer told me they were out of allocations, so any order they sent through most likely would never show up. So it sounds dependant on which dealer you're at
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #11
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

What are, if any, new colors for `14? I, for one, would really like a dark green.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #12
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was told the same thing they said they would have to locate one from another dealership but I found one somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
What are, if any, new colors for `14? I, for one, would really like a dark green.
These seem to be the prospects for 2014 colors.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #14
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well, here in StL area, seems all the dealers have exhausted their allocation limits. Apparently ordering is more limited by this than when the production run ends.

The closest Wrangler matching my specs is 450 miles away and it'd cost over $600 to ship it here.

Since I'd rather get exactly what I want [I plan on keeping it forever], am in no rush [just adding this to my garage] and have pricing 'locked down', the best answer for me is to wait until the '14s are available and order one then.... I guess in Sept.

Should be able to get it before the summer heat breaks and then, as soon as it does, take advantage of the beautiful fall colors w/ top off driving...

:Woot:

John
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

When I picked mine up they sent a guy to the other dealership, traded vehicles, then drove my Jeep back. Only took a day and saved a bunch on shipping. But waiting till 2014 does make sense too, I was going insane waiting!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.