2013/2014 JK 4dr Unlimited Pricing - What discounts are you guys seeing? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2013/2014 JK 4dr Unlimited Pricing - What discounts are you guys seeing?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeale View Post
I am picking up a '13 JKUR in Colorado on Wednesday. The window sticker is right over $41K, but am paying $34K and change. I wasn't able to shop around because my wife was set on Flame Red, 6-MT, color matched hard top, and heated seats. I feel like I got a fair deal, but I don't have much to compare against.
That sounds below invoice to me. According to Edmunds the standard MSRP of a Rubicon without options is $35,290 with invoice at $33,284. Seems you did REALLY well - could be because it was a '13? I'm trying to figure out if there is any "trunk money" the manufacturer is giving the dealers to move the old inventory.

AParsh135i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #18
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We'll i emailed 50 dealers in southern california today to see what the absolute best deals are - i'll keep you guys posted what i hear.
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:33 AM   #19
surfdogs
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quick question. When you post your final numbers does that include the "dealer fee"? They nick you for 600-800 typically in FL, and they don't negotiate that fee. So should I be taking that into consideration? I'm looking around for a 13 unlimited now, and the deals aren't great, basically invoice has been the standard offer. I'm also not in a power position because I want a manual, and they really don't order many for stock unless it's stripped with no power windows or locks.
surfdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #20
fredrok
1985 CJ7 

Outside of the destination fee that's included in the window sticker, any additional fees are pure profit for the sealer and thus negotiable. Most charge "doc fees" and anything more than $100 or so is BS. If every dealer in your area charges this dealer fee as you say, then it could be difficult to get them to drop it so negotiate elsewhere to play their game. My answer is always "walk" (rule #1: don't let them leave), but if the pickings are slim as you indicated, that may not even work when buying a popular model.

However, I ordered one of the first 2012s and still got 3% below invoice.

Bottom line though, a sale is a sale to them and they want all they can get. If that's not their demeanor, be patient and move on.
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #21
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just an update -
I found that searching for a "steal of a deal" became a waste of time. So i decided to target exactly what i want and see if i can make a dealership agree to a low price.
My Target is a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited MOAB Edition with white exterior, saddle interior, and minimal options.
There is only 1 with minimal options within 1000 miles of me and i found it - being offered a few others with minimal options that are black also.
Most of the MOABs are MSRP of $40-45 and my target is $30k. Most of the dealrs are telling me im not realistic.
MY best offer so far is $33k, but i told that dealer i will wait for $30k.
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
fredrok
1985 CJ7 

Edit: Ahhh, nevermind
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #23
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've changed my goals once again - decided to go with an Automatic so the wife can drive it if she wants to go snowboarding or surfing, etc.
Going to go for something between $42-45 and target is $35k. So far the dealers are still telling me to pound sand, but i think they will give in eventually.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

I qualified for Affiliate Rewards Program pricing through work. The sticker on my 2013 JKUR was $38,555 and I ended up paying $34,480 before tax and all that other nonsense...

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #25
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AParsh135i View Post
I've changed my goals once again - decided to go with an Automatic so the wife can drive it if she wants to go snowboarding or surfing, etc.
Going to go for something between $42-45 and target is $35k. So far the dealers are still telling me to pound sand, but i think they will give in eventually.
Not to be negative but you will probably have a hard time getting $10k off a new JK. The fact is (in New England anyway) they sell too easy and you don't see the same amount of discounts you see on other American vehicles. When I bought my new 2011 Ram 1500 the sticker was $38,850 and I drove away for $28,500 without giving them too much hell. The Rubi on the other hand was tricky enough to get a $4k below sticker. I am always watching the inventory at the dealer I bought it from and they are literally flipping all their Rubicons in less than a week...

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopolly3 View Post
Not to be negative but you will probably have a hard time getting $10k off a new JK. The fact is (in New England anyway) they sell too easy and you don't see the same amount of discounts you see on other American vehicles. When I bought my new 2011 Ram 1500 the sticker was $38,850 and I drove away for $28,500 without giving them too much hell. The Rubi on the other hand was tricky enough to get a $4k below sticker. I am always watching the inventory at the dealer I bought it from and they are literally flipping all their Rubicons in less than a week...
It must be different over here. The research i have done says that all MOAB edition Unlimited's that are sitting on lots were delivered at the beginning of the model year (Around October 2012). There are about 18 left in CA. There are dealerships offering them for $6k under MSRP right now ($45k+ sticker, $39k asking price). I'm looking more for a $43k equipped one at $35k, but would probably settle for the $45k vehicle at $37k.

You have to remember, these jeeps have 200-300 lot days on them, thats a lot! The guys with the Red color with tons of options are even more screwed I think. One dealership near me has 3 Red MOABs sitting there.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #27
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Made my purchase last night.
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara "MOAB" edition.
Tow pkg, Auto, Auto A/C, Color-matched hard top (yuck), U430 Nav, Remote start.
Sticker $42,085, paid $36,085.
It had some 3m paint protectant stuff installed but i didnt pay for it.

I talked to literally every dealer in CA and even one in AZ. When i started looking about 2 weeks ago there were 18 MOABs left in CA. My understanding is at least 4 of those sold so far.

I went over to Wild Boar Products today (1mile away from my work) and snapped some pics next to their 6wheeler

Unread 08-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #28
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice!
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.