2012 Wrangler Unlimited issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Wrangler Unlimited issues

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 09-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
i_bo_hunt
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 Wrangler Unlimited issues

I have owned my Jeep for a year and have less than 20k miles on it. So far it's been in the shop for 3 major issues. First..my Uconnect 430 quit playing DVD's and had to be replaced. Second...They replaced my left cylinder head when my check engine light came on. (guess Chrysler knew of the problem but chose to ignore it until a problem arose) And third...in the shop as we speak replacing my instrument cluster after my turn signals and head lights did not work.

I love my Jeep and love driving it...but not sure if I got a lemon or Chrysler has some serious quality issues.

i_bo_hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
deftones07
2011 JK Wrangler 

Personally i would never buy a first year of a major model change. Heard alot of problems with 2012, not many with 2013 or 2014s

20?? ?? 2 Door Stick Rubi Diesel - Next;)
deftones07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Head sounds like the only "Major issue".

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
HWX

I have a 2012- just had the radio (730n) replaced, but that's got more to do with uconnect being a joke than any new model issues. Otherwise no probs.
HWX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Wrigley
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_bo_hunt View Post
I have owned my Jeep for a year and have less than 20k miles on it. So far it's been in the shop for 3 major issues. First..my Uconnect 430 quit playing DVD's and had to be replaced. Second...They replaced my left cylinder head when my check engine light came on. (guess Chrysler knew of the problem but chose to ignore it until a problem arose) And third...in the shop as we speak replacing my instrument cluster after my turn signals and head lights did not work.

I love my Jeep and love driving it...but not sure if I got a lemon or Chrysler has some serious quality issues.
The head sounds like the only MAJOR issue. 7 out 10 people I know that bought a 2012 new have had the head replaced. Sorry it happened to you!

Mike
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
05x

Thats still a major headache to know you spent all that money on a new rig only to cart it to the stealership that many times. I had that happen on an 06 f150 back in the day that I dumped back on them after 1 yr.
05x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
NWrunr
2012 JK Wrangler 

I bought my JK on labor day of 2011. So far I had the head replaced around 20k miles....then the radio 730 wouldn't keep the programming for the navigation or radio....and now they have had it 4 times now for the same dynamic sensor issue that cant seem to be solved. However, this is not a lemon compared to other issues I have had with previous wranglers.
NWrunr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.