2012 sport a/c issues... Help please - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 sport a/c issues... Help please

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #46
Warmjku12
White Knight

2012 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm only at 2k and was going to wait till my oil change. But its happened in cool and warm weather for me

Warmjku12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #47
ent8500
2012 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a answer to this? It was actually hit enough today AC kicked in and both times it would stop after about 5 min and then restart 30 sec later. ???
ent8500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #48
ahmed255
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same problem here ,, 2012 Sport , Export version ,, happened around 5 times
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #49
Warmjku12
White Knight

2012 JK Wrangler 

I took mine in and the dealer hadn't heard anything about it and wasn't able to duplicate it. So they just documented it and that was it
Mine still has done it, not lately though
Warmjku12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #50
ent8500
2012 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone heard any answers for this?
ent8500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #51
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ent8500 View Post
Anyone heard any answers for this?
People all over the internet are complaining about this. Its not a safety issue, so don't look for a recall. If they wouldn't recall my TJ splattering gasoline at every fillup all over the station, they certainly wont do this.

Its clearly a software glitch. Its always in the first few minutes after startup - BOTH my 2013s do it. Its random. SOme people complain about the power windows not working after. I have a base model sport, so I don't have power windows - but - I have noticed about half of the time that after the fan cuts out - the temp reading on the dash will climb slowly. Whatever the outdoor temp is (say 75) - it will climb every few seconds. 76, 77, 78 - all the way up to 99 and stop. I KNOW it isn't 99 out... If I turn off the jeep and restart, it will read back at 75 again.

Crazy glitch in the software somewhere. Maybe its an intentional Easter Egg by the programmers.
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.