2012 sport a/c issues... Help please - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 sport a/c issues... Help please

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #31
TeamFirenze
2012 JK Wrangler 

I guess I will thrown another 2012 AC isssue in. No recirc issues but I don't use that much. 1600 miles on it and I have only noticed it happened twice. It is always in the face position. The first time it happened it was hot and I had just gotten in the car. Second time we had been in the car for a while. When it run AC is way cold so I doubt it is a pressure issue.

TeamFirenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
Redangus2523
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 Sport manual trans, manual climate control.

A/C cuts out on really hot days for a couple seconds then kicks back in. It has never done it on cool days. Always when I go to lunch during the hottest part of the day. Like clockwork. I would say mine has cut out ~20-30 times so far. It has not failed yet though. A/C on high, fan speed doesn't matter, floor, face blend doesn't matter. Duration of cutout is always the same, and the time it takes from my works drive way to when it cuts out is always the same position on the road. I feel like it's a sensor or something tripping out the A/C then resetting.
Redangus2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #33
Tachyon

2012 Rubi with manual trans and auto climate control.

Same has happened to me on numerous occasions. Cuts out, few seconds of silence, then blasts back on.

Very odd.
Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #34
jstraw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm gonna check this out next time I go for a drive, but I think the a/c cuts out when the doors are opened. It would make sense to have it cut off when the doors are ajar, then turn back on when they shut, But mine does it too. I have a 2013 rubicon with 2000 miles on it and I noticed that the ac cuts out, the last time was when my wife got into the jeep, as soon as she opened the door the a/c cut off then turned back on.... Any inputmon this would be great! Thanks
jstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #35
Zappo
2012 JK Wrangler 

I am also having the A/C blower motor cutting out problem with my 2012 Rubicon. Has anyone had luck getting a dealer to fix it, my dealer says they have never heard of it and that no one at Chrysler tech help knows how to fix it.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #36
Wonk
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 JKUR auto, auto climate. Mine has done this also. One occasion it shut out for probably 5 minutes. Every time it happens it's been real hot outside. I'm taking mine in shortly for it's 3rd oil change. I have a VERY good relationship with the dealership and can get straight answers from the tech (my wife works there doing their payroll ) So I am going to ask about this issue.

Unrelated but one day this week I got in (coldest day since I've owned this Jeep. 47deg) and the rear locker light on the dash started blinking. Thought maybe I bumped the switch on entering the Jeep. Hit the switch several times on my way into work but it never stopped blinking. Hasn't done it since then though. I'm asking about this too.
Wonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #37
Wonk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Kinda strange. After posting to this I had to run into town. AC on, Rec on, fan on about 3/4, outside temp about 70deg, engine cold. Pulled out of the drive and went about 100 yds. AC shut off for about 5 sec then back on. First time I remember it doing it in cooler weather.
Wonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #38
Warmjku12
White Knight

2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 JKU sport 6speed
I have 1100 miles and it just happened today For me. Not sure what my settings were but i will be on the lookout
Warmjku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #39
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just found this thread. Same issue here. 2012 JKU Sport auto trans manual settings. A/C completely shuts down for 3 to 5 sec. then comes back on with force. It's happened a handful of times. Bought new July 20th. Haven't contacted the dealer. Was gonna bring it up at service time.
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is just the AC shutting down (IE, the light for AC goes off) or is the whole HVAC system shutting off and on?
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #41
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick
Is just the AC shutting down (IE, the light for AC goes off) or is the whole HVAC system shutting off and on?
I don't remember if the light for the A/C goes off or not, but the fan shuts completely off. It's only done it a couple times when it's 100 plus outside. Doubt we'll see those temps again this year, but I'll pay closer attention to it.
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #42
12_JEEP
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same Problem

Same problem with my 2012 Wrangler Sahara. AC fan will cut off for about 3-5 seconds then it will come back on.

However, I have an additional problem. The AC blower fan gets a tick to it that reminds you of a playing card hitting bicycle spokes. It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does it's very aggravating and the dealer says they no nothing about any other problems.
12_JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #43
tommywise

same problem

We have a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition. I noticed the air cut out, just as most of you described, a few weeks ago and my wife has mentioned that it happened twice more. Really don't want to wait to let the dealership know, but really don't want to deal with the hassle if it's nothing. I was hoping something would be figured out before I take it in.
tommywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #44
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywise View Post
We have a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition. I noticed the air cut out, just as most of you described, a few weeks ago and my wife has mentioned that it happened twice more. Really don't want to wait to let the dealership know, but really don't want to deal with the hassle if it's nothing. I was hoping something would be figured out before I take it in.
The A/C clutch may cycle, depending upon the ambient temperature and humidity. I would be concerned if it was rapid cycling (ten or more cycles per minute), but it doesn't sound like it in this case.

To get some peace of mind, you might want to go to - or at least - call your dealer.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #45
Warmjku12
White Knight

2012 JK Wrangler 

It happened again. Temp outside was in the 80s and the ac was on full. 2x in less than 1500 miles
Warmjku12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.