2012 rubi check engine light - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 rubi check engine light

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #46
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatJK View Post
I just watched some program on cable on where they build the 3.6L engines. All 3.6L pentastar engines are built in Mexico. I also seem to recall early 2007 3.8L engines had some problems with engine seals and piston rings that were traced to Chrysler engine factory in Mexico. Since then, all 3.8L engines were built elsewhere and the problems went away. This is just food for thought since the Mexico engine factory was mentioned on TV.
well mine says "Motor" was made in USA. So it can not be all of them. I would like the OP to LOOK at his window sticker it will have "Parts content Information"

The 5 speed auto was made in Germany( not all come from Germany I have read some are from the USa)

Only 15% of my jeep was made in Mexico.

But I had my Jeep built out in oct. 2011

222Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #47
sandbaja

Ok. I got mine back today. The issue was a bad exhast valve in cylinder # 2 with damage to the valve seat. The left cylinder head had to be replaced and that is not an easy repair. I had 10K miles on mine and I'm not upset at all. I'm in a service related field and understand there are some units that will have an issue. When I took it in I did not expect to be without it. The 2012 is great despite the issue. The engine is strong and zippy and mated to the 5 speed auto it is perfect. My dealer provided me with a no cost loaner (and didn't have to) and they had it back to me in 3.5 days. I will tell you I stopped going to another Jeep dealer only 5 miles from my house due to nickel/dime and no problem found issues on another Jeep. The dealer and servicer I have now I can only say good things about so choosing a dealer to buy from and service your vehicle is very important. Ask on the forums...people will usually give you unbiased feedback. A large hat tip to Powell Jeep in Escondido CA... I feel for you. Your dealer could have provided you with a loaner with minimal cost to them. It only takes the service manager to authorize for reasons of goodwill. I call that the difference to retaining and building a business to a gradual decline towards bankruptcy.

I truly hope it works out for you.
sandbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #48
Rivet
1968 C101 

My Jeep is getting the same treatment as yours Sandbaja. Im glad you got treated good.
Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #49
sandbaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
My Jeep is getting the same treatment as yours Sandbaja. Im glad you got treated good.
Rivet, what was your build date? We are trying to figure out the time range of defects. Mine was built 7/19/11.
sandbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #50
Rivet
1968 C101 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbaja View Post
Rivet, what was your build date? We are trying to figure out the time range of defects. Mine was built 7/19/11.

I forgot the exact date but it was in July.
Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #51
DavidC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So My build date 8/11 JKUR has developed a loud engine ticking noise on the drivers side.

Did a search on the net and looky hear...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/upd...ad-137608.html

Looks like I'l be setting up a service appointment.........
99 Sahara D30/44 w ARB's and 4.10's, Warn 9.5TI,AA SYE & Wood's shaft,Raingler nets,Jeeperman trail skids,Warn gas tank and steering box skid's, BDS 2" springs, Currie control arms,32" MTR's,AEV Bridger wheels, custom made tire carrier bumper,Dynomax cat back JKS quicker disco's.PSC Trail Cage,Banks header,LiteDots.PSC Trail Corners.
92 CDN M101 trailer, 33" TSL Swampers,camo paint. Original camo tarp.
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #52
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

This maybe something has the OP and other that had the code also had the ticking on the left bank #2? Been reading all other forums I can find. Was thinking these two issues are related. If so then its going to be a much bigger issue over all.
222Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #53
bengal-tx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Any of you have a lift on yours?
I have an AEV lift on mine, and I'm hoping they do not give me any problems if an issue arises.(knock on wood)
I have not had any issues with my 2012 JKU-R, but I have notice a ticking sound when I turn the jeep on... the ticking will last 2-3 seconds and goes away, but only on a cold start. I do not know if my other concern is normal... but when I am slowing down on a traffic light or stop sign I feel the engine stumble as if it is not getting enough fuel... I heard someone say that was normal. Do any of you guys feel the engine stumble a bit when coming to a stop?

Mine has a built date of 7/21/11 and I have 5500 miles on it.
bengal-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #54
verdugan
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatJK View Post
I just watched some program on cable on where they build the 3.6L engines. All 3.6L pentastar engines are built in Mexico. I also seem to recall early 2007 3.8L engines had some problems with engine seals and piston rings that were traced to Chrysler engine factory in Mexico. Since then, all 3.8L engines were built elsewhere and the problems went away. This is just food for thought since the Mexico engine factory was mentioned on TV.
I seem to recall that all the pentastars for the Wrangler came from the US.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #55
DavidJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Geeez I just went to Davidc 's Link unbelievable Where is quality control when these things are made ??? Chrysler almost closed up We the tax payers bailed them out and this is the thanks we get !CRAP !!!! Oh I know I know on this forum the negative damage control chrysler employees will now chime in and say it's a Jeep If U don't like the water leaks or engine lifter noise's then buy something else Well maybe I will !!!!
DavidJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #56
smooth9883
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
This maybe something has the OP and other that had the code also had the ticking on the left bank #2? Been reading all other forums I can find. Was thinking these two issues are related. If so then its going to be a much bigger issue over all.
Haven't noticed any ticking noise
smooth9883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #57
SeaKing

Engine Light

Have my 2012 Rubicon in for the third time in a week for check engine light. This time thay said it was the two stage oil pump which they are replacing. I will be amazed if tomorrow after driving it ten miles and restarting the light comes back on. Between the light problems, cylinder heads, etc, I am beginning to think this engine is a piece of junk. I also did not spend a heck of a lot of money to visit the dealer every other day. Damn I miss my trouble free 2006 Rubi.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #58
duffer
1955 CJ3B 

double posted
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #59
duffer
1955 CJ3B 

I posted the following in another thread but it is certainly appropriate here.

We got all of 1375 miles on the JKU-R (mid Dec build) before the electronic throttle control and check engine lights came on. It has been back to the dealer 8 times since and never makes it 20 miles without the problem re-occuring. VERY frustrated at this point and am having second thoughts about my sanity for buying it. My previous new purchased Chrysler product was an 82 Rampage and I swore I wouldn't by another Chrysler product ever after selling that POS with 57K on it. I waited 29 years and apparently that wasn't long enough. Purchased a Warn 9.5 xps for it but think it will be replacing the Belleview 6000 on my 68 CJ5 instead.
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #60
paul84043

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer View Post
I posted the following in another thread but it is certainly appropriate here.

We got all of 1375 miles on the JKU-R (mid Dec build) before the electronic throttle control and check engine lights came on. It has been back to the dealer 8 times since and never makes it 20 miles without the problem re-occuring. VERY frustrated at this point and am having second thoughts about my sanity for buying it. My previous new purchased Chrysler product was an 82 Rampage and I swore I wouldn't by another Chrysler product ever after selling that POS with 57K on it. I waited 29 years and apparently that wasn't long enough. Purchased a Warn 9.5 xps for it but think it will be replacing the Belleview 6000 on my 68 CJ5 instead.
that many visits to the dealer may well put you in a position to exercise a lemon law if your state has one. I'd check, or even better just ask them flat out how many visits you need to make before they have to buy it back from you.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.