2012 Road Trip MPG (Very Low) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Road Trip MPG (Very Low)

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 12-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #46
MoreMud
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've had a 2011 and now a 2012 both JKUR w/ 4.10 gears. The 2011 got better milage due to the fact chrysler changes raised the rpms on the final drive ratio by 700 or so for 2012.

you have to remember that a jeep is as aerodynamic as a brick.... the faster you go the worse your milage, in fact its the first vehicle I've owned that get s the same milage in town as it gets going 75 down the freeway.... yes, I go 75 ( places to go, things to do etc... no time to go 5 under the speed limit...)

just getting started.....
MoreMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #47
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, the SRT isnt exactly slippery in the air either. At 75mph I am turning right under 3000 RPMs. But around town it only gets in the mid to high 11mpg area so 16 or 17 would be a big jump.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #48
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

My 2012 gets about 17MPG in town, and worse on the highway. I just fixed the tire size for the speedo, and turned off the TPMS. I don't go by the MPG on the dash anyhow. I was just adding 10% for the larger tires I have on it. The speedo was off 5 MPH at 50. If I have to drive a long time on the highway I take my lifted Cherokee, because it gets better MPG at speed.
metaldemon7 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.