I've decided I'm not going to buy a vett this year and I'm going to upgrade the JK. I need some advice and hopefully some examples of where I should go.
Here is what I have:
2012 JK unlimited Rubicon
5 speed auto
stock 32" tires
Here is what I want to do:
Front & rear bumper with tire carrier and winch
AEV Pintler wheels in argent
35" good year MTR's
Re-gear to 4.88 or 5.13, not sure what would be best
So here are my questions:
1) Can I re-gear from the stock 3.73 to a 4.88 or 5.13 and still have the use of the stock e-lockers?
2) What is going to happen to the jeep when I re-gear? Drivability?
3) This is my daily driver what is the best ratio to use so I don't kill my MPG but still have more than enough power? Keep in mind I live in CO and drive up to the mountains frequently.
4) Which lift kit should I use? I've read before that a 2.5" BB will give me all the tire clearance I need for 35's. AKA no rub. My objectives are this. Keep the lowest CG possible. Not have to mess with drive line angles. This is my daily driver so it needs to drive comfortably. I will wheel about once every other week but nothing hardcore. I would like more clearance but I should get that from going to 35's and also by have a small lift. So what do you recommend? Oh, I don't want to go long arm, a little out of the price range.
5) Will doing all of this void my warranty?
6) Has anyone done this in a 2012? If so, how does it drive? How does it look? Can you post pictures? I'm sure this is not an uncommon setup and I'm not reaching for anything amazing here.
I want to do this, but I want to do it the right way.
Thanks for the help guys!