2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light - Misfire Cylinder 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light - Misfire Cylinder 6

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
dbullion
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light - Misfire Cylinder 6

A check engine light illuminated on my 2012 Rubi JKU (10,800 miles) this past Sunday. The code indicated "misfire cylinder 6". Took it to Maxwell Jeep in Austin Monday morning and got a call Monday afternoon saying it was ready to be picked up. The service rep said they flashed the computer with a program update and that the problem was solved.

I picked it up this morning and drove it for about 20 miles before the check engine light illuminated once again. Took it back to the dealer and received a call this afternoon saying that they were going to have to go into the engine to find the problem and should know something by tomorrow afternoon.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

dbullion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
xxxshadow
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes - on my '07 Unlimited....
What did you find out?
xxxshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
96lasersnake
2012 JK Wrangler 

I know a lot of the 12's are having cylinder head problems causing a misfire code, not sure which cylinder number it is. There is a huge thread on here on it.
96lasersnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

here we go again... Can a mod merge this with the pentastar thread?
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 , check engine light , misfire cyl , misfire cyl 6 , misfire cylinder 6

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.