2012 JKU to JKUR axle swap question. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 JKU to JKUR axle swap question.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

You could do the Nitro sleeve kit.....its a weld-less design...then just pay someone to weld on the gussets...

...and man, I always knew MA sucked (Cheatriots, Red Sux).....but I didnt realize they hated Jeepers so much.....now that place really sucks!

LVCapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #17
HAFICON
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
You could do the Nitro sleeve kit.....its a weld-less design...then just pay someone to weld on the gussets...

...and man, I always knew MA sucked (Cheatriots, Red Sux).....but I didnt realize they hated Jeepers so much.....now that place really sucks!
Yep you should read the off road laws here sometime.. basically they say DONT *L* anything over 1000 is considered OHV and basically can not be taken off road. Yea Ma. sucks Donkey Dong... I will look into that kit.. Just contacted a 4wd shop over near Concord, NH is 3 hours away but might be worth the drive.
4.88's and TNT truss.
My build thus far.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blues-jeep-build-lots-pictures-1509366/[/url]
HAFICON is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #18
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFICON

Yep you should read the off road laws here sometime.. basically they say DONT *L* anything over 1000 is considered OHV and basically can not be taken off road. Yea Ma. sucks Donkey Dong... I will look into that kit.. Just contacted a 4wd shop over near Concord, NH is 3 hours away but might be worth the drive.
What's the shop called near concord? That's not too far from me and I'm going to need gears installed soon also. Thanks
4:88 Yukon gears
KOR Drive shafts
04WJfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
HAFICON
2012 JK Wrangler 

http://www.stevesjeepcountry.com/index.html

I think he is a vendor here.. I left message.. Will wait to hear back maybe labor charges are better.
4.88's and TNT truss.
My build thus far.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blues-jeep-build-lots-pictures-1509366/[/url]
HAFICON is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #20
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

And did you check out Elias 4 Wheel Drive Center in Townsend MA? Or I found places in Epsom NH and Hampstead NH also
KOR Drive shafts
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFICON
http://www.stevesjeepcountry.com/index.html

I think he is a vendor here.. I left message.. Will wait to hear back maybe labor charges are better.
And I found Domenic's Auto & Jeep Repair Inc. in Hampstead NH 19 hazel drive.
KOR Drive shafts
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Do it. That's a hell of a deal. And you don't need the OEM wiring kit. Just wire them up. That's what I did. I know guys around here that have paid $1k for just the front. I paid $4k for mine, but mine are completely built. There is more money in parts than what I paid.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think this is a fair deal and should be a fun little project. Unfortunately, I can't give any tech advice but it's a nice way to run 4.10's and spin some wrenches. If you want to get really into it, find somebody running 3.21's and offer them the 3.73's and your buddy can run the 3.21's until he gets his axles. Should help recoup some of your money in that process, and you help out yet another Jeeper.
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I am surprised at the prices for a re gear your getting, The gears and intall kit are only around 500 a piece. I did mine about a year ago in my Tj, now I am thinking of doing the Jk too. Steves jeep country has a pretty decent rep up here, I was told domenics went out of buisiness. Youll have to confirm that.

In my mind, I dont think your getting a bad deal, a grand for a re gear and two lockers. and a d44 front to boot. If it were me, I would be all over that deal. Just my 2c though.

good luck on your decision. Keep us posted.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #25
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Seems like a great deal assuming, as you mentioned, he doesn't have many miles on it and didn't abuse it. You'll end up with a D44 front and both lockers. I'd do the deal in a heartbeat.

My only question is that if this guy had this Jeep this long and DIDN'T abuse it, didn't use the lockers much, WHY does he need D60's? That's a little odd.

I ended up buying a near new front Rubi D44 for $1500 + shipping. Then put an ARB in the rear. The wiring for the lockers is simple, you don't need to buy anything from the dealer for that. Pretty sure it's just a standard 12 volt switch/wire.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #26
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
For another couple hundred you can add good quality real lockers.
The OEM lockers are 'real' and work just fine. Sure, not as good as an ARB, but they work just fine. Besides, ARB are going to run around $1000 each just for the locker. If he can add front and rear lockers + upgrade the front to a D44, seems like a great deal.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.