2012 JK Auto Trans Shift Knob Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 JK Auto Trans Shift Knob Removal

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
sscav
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 JK Auto Trans Shift Knob Removal

Does anyone know what kind of Voodoo I need to know to remove the shift knob on an Auto transmission for a 2012 JK? There doesn't seem to be wrench flats to screw it off or a screw that holds it all together.
Any help is appreciated.

sscav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hacksaw?
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i know on the 11' you just pull aggressively up on it
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Teeka
2011 JK Wrangler 

mine fell apart in my hand while merging. so it can't be that hard. there is only three itty bitty clips holding the chrome on.
Teeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscav
Does anyone know what kind of Voodoo I need to know to remove the shift knob on an Auto transmission for a 2012 JK? There doesn't seem to be wrench flats to screw it off or a screw that holds it all together.
Any help is appreciated.
If you figure it out post up. I will be bedlining mine soon and will need to know.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
BigRedRubicon
2012 JK Wrangler 

Pull up on it... hard.
BigRedRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
rockhound68

2012 wrangler shift knob removal

I called 4 different dealership service department and got 4 different answers....the last 1 I called gave the right directions....here it goes....first there is a silver collar at the bottom of the factory knob, take a flat screwdriver stick it between the top of that collar and the leather bottom and twist gently it should slide right down....then take your screwdriver and gently press up on remaining knob.....hope this is helpful
rockhound68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.