2012 Jeep Unlimited HEAT - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Jeep Unlimited HEAT

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #31
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmnrem
Took mine to the dealer today for same problem. They said there is debris in the cooling lines/heater core. They are replacing the heater core. They also said there was debris in the radiator that looked like internal decomposition so they're replacing the radiator as well. Glad its all covered but scary there are so many problems with this. Hope this fixes mine.

I'm printing all of this and taking it to them.

[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #32
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

I would love to see a pic of this filter they are now installing inline on the heater core feed hose. A part # for the filter would also be great. They didn't put the filter on mine.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #33
7YANKEES2
2012 JK Wrangler 

Glad I'm not the only one with this same problem.
7YANKEES2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #34
mjmnrem
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmnrem View Post
Took mine to the dealer today for same problem. They said there is debris in the cooling lines/heater core. They are replacing the heater core. They also said there was debris in the radiator that looked like internal decomposition so they're replacing the radiator as well. Glad its all covered but scary there are so many problems with this. Hope this fixes mine.
Update on mine... Took it in for a one day fix, not so much. To replace the heater core they have to take the whole freakin' dash off. Saw it sitting in the engine block under the hood. Not a pretty sight. Anyway, not a one day job and they put me up in a Gucci Fiat for 4 days. Yup. By the way, I'm 6'1", 240 lbs. and look like a clown in a Fiat. I'm very unnerved that my brand new Jeep had to be taken apart, but they replaced the heater core and radiator. Said there was "casting sand" in there from the manufacturing of the parts. The heat seems to be working fine, I guess, but I'm apprehensive. I will advise if anything changes! My advice is, if your heat isn't blasting hot, take it in! Its new and it should.
mjmnrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #35
crazyq61
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had the exact same problem in My '08 JKU: No heat on driver's side and scalding hot on Pass. Dealer replaced the heater core. Thank GOD it was under warranty at the time. It was at dealer for 4 days and took at least 12 hours to repair. They had the remove the dash and the intake to change the core. Plus they didn't order all of the parts the first time. They had never heard of this happening before and had no explanation for why it failed. Check your heat before the warranty goes out. You do not want this bill!
crazyq61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #36
MSchneid
2012 JK Wrangler 

It is a heater door that is warped and not opening. If there is heat on one side the core is fine. If they replaced the core and it works it's because they had to remove the door or mess with it and when they put it back together they fixed the door without knowing it. IMO
MSchneid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #37
JeepCares

I was thinking along the lines of the blend-air door... IMO
I am NOT a tech, however.
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #38
RedRubiconLJ
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneid View Post
It is a heater door that is warped and not opening. If there is heat on one side the core is fine. If they replaced the core and it works it's because they had to remove the door or mess with it and when they put it back together they fixed the door without knowing it. IMO
This
34" Toyo AT2's

Sold 2005 Red Rubi Unlimited
Jeep Pics

2004 TJ sold
1993 YJ sold
RedRubiconLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #39
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys thanks for all the useful info. I'm hoping this thread is enough evidence to take in and prove the dealership wrong. It's strange though, now since I got the jeep back, it's a little better, only does the half hot/half cold thing about half as much as it uses to. But it constantly fogs up my windows now. Ill turn on the defroster and wait for the condensation to clear, then switch back to vents and then I get freezing cold air again... Also getting that syrupy antifreeze smell. So is my problem most likely a bad heater core AND the little door too?

Unread 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #40
mjmnrem
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post
Hey guys thanks for all the useful info. I'm hoping this thread is enough evidence to take in and prove the dealership wrong. It's strange though, now since I got the jeep back, it's a little better, only does the half hot/half cold thing about half as much as it uses to. But it constantly fogs up my windows now. Ill turn on the defroster and wait for the condensation to clear, then switch back to vents and then I get freezing cold air again... Also getting that syrupy antifreeze smell. So is my problem most likely a bad heater core AND the little door too?
Oh no... scary reply nickmonaco. Mine also seems a little better but I would expect hotter from a brand new vehicle. Its only like 45 degrees here and it takes a long time to warm the compartment. Also, my windows also fogged today and I didn't think anything of it... until I read your post! Something is definitely wrong here, I think. Plus, good point from an earlier post by someone: If its hot on one side and not the other, its not the heater core.
mjmnrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #41
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

They should fix it for free, I've owned it since July and this isn't happening be amuse of anything I've done.

Unread 11-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #42
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneid View Post
How does that explain their findings that the cores are clogged with sediment and casting sand rendering them partially useless and needing replacement?
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #43
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
Look this up under Hakam's Razor.
Won't find anything there cause it's actually called Occam's Razor.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
mcrcshooter
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wrangler heating problems

Bad snow storm in Northwest PA, just took my '12 Wrangler to town, heat only comes out right side and cold on left. I called dealer for appointment for this Friday. I read some of this forum's discussion points. He said if heat coming out of one side, must be difuser. I told him the heat coming out of passenger side is only about 50-75%. Only 6,500 miles. We shall see what happens - Can't go without heat when our avg. temperature for next 3 months will be about 30 degrees.
mcrcshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Has any of these dealers showed you the bad parts?. a core packed in sand?(pics?) mine will still burn you on high heat both sides mines an 012 but built in 011. I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.