2012 Jeep Unlimited HEAT - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Jeep Unlimited HEAT

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 10-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
OBXJEEPN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5foot19 View Post
Not to sound negative, but you may still have an issue. My 2011 blows ridiculously hot air (I wish I had a temperature reading to put it into perspective, but I swear it is hotter then any other vehicle I've been in in my life). If yours blows something you'd describe as "warm" it is far from working properly.
I ment to say the heat works great now from all four vents. Yeah the air is realllllly hot now from vents, floor. it seems on some of these other post that the 2012 wranglers are having issues.

OBXJEEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
WXman

The 2012s are indeed having issues, as expected. But, this particular issue isn't only on the '12s. The 3.8L JKs from previous years also had the same heater core failures from the casting sand/sludge. Unfortunately it's a major job to repair because of where the core is located behind the dash on these things.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #18
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

If I take in my jeep, and they fix it, how long can I expect to be without it? I kinda need it, and can't afford a rental at the moment... Or do they provide me with a car till its fixed?
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post
If I take in my jeep, and they fix it, how long can I expect to be without it? I kinda need it, and can't afford a rental at the moment... Or do they provide me with a car till its fixed?
I think you should be asking your dealer those questions. They might have to order the part for whatever repair they do.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Your right. Well I stopped by today after work. I checked a few days ago and my coolant looks kinda like tapioca pudding. I was in the field and got it to the dealership as soon as I could. They told me to come back on Monday. Then I overheated on my way home and had the Jeep towed backup them. We'll see what happens next... I can't afford a rental car so I hope my insurance covers rentals. Ill keep anything I find out posted on here.
image-614418471.jpg  

Unread 11-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry I was typing retarded just then, I was also cooking a quesadilla

Unread 11-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #22
WXman

The word on the street is that Chrysler is now installing filters in line with the cooling system to catch the sand/crud that is floating around in there in hopes of preventing future problems. However, my dealership didn't say anything about this when mine was in the shop for 4 days a couple weeks ago.
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #23
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ill bring that up to them and see what they say. Thanks.

Unread 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #24
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

They said the wrong coolant was used, I called valvoline and they said they didn't touch it. I'm going down to watch the video of my oil change right now. Chrysler says they won't cover this under warranty. Even if valvoline never screwed with the coolant. All gaskets are fine and compression check came out good on all cylinders... Boy am I ****ed. What the hell happened? It's got 6000 miles on it I've never touched the motor. Chrysler isn't willing to pay for it. Neither will valvoline.

Unread 11-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #25
WXman

Seriously? That is some B.S. right there.

I'm seeing a ton of these heater core issues popping up on the various forums now that we are approaching winter. Since these '12s are under warranty, and the parts/labor bill is huge for this repair, this might end up being a fairly serious issue for Chrysler. I expect that a bulletin will be released before the end of winter.
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #26
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
Had my heater core replaced at 6,000 miles (first sign of cold weather). Casting sand from manufacturing is clogging them up. I finally get hot air out of all the vents now, not just the right side. It's a common problem.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Oversight, Batman!

I gotta say, this does not make me want to buy another Jeep product. Getting the sand out of the completed casting has to be about #4 on the list they give out in Manufacturing 101.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman
Seriously? That is some B.S. right there.

I'm seeing a ton of these heater core issues popping up on the various forums now that we are approaching winter. Since these '12s are under warranty, and the parts/labor bill is huge for this repair, this might end up being a fairly serious issue for Chrysler. I expect that a bulletin will be released before the end of winter.
I just got mine back, I told them about this problem about it being the most likely cause but they insisted that it was someone else's fault and that the wrong coolant was used in it. So I pay to have it corrected, I get it back and the problem is worse. Heater blows cold and foggy now at the same time. Wtf Chrysler. I scheduled another appointment on Friday. If this ends up being a tsb or factory recall I want my ******* money back this ****s getting rediculous.

Unread 11-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #28
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Funny story, I buy a jeep with no AC in the summer time and lemon'd it out, just to trade up to a jeep with no ****ing heat in the wintertime...
How hard is it to get the jk right after 6 years. Chrysler remains on my **** list.

Unread 11-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #29
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Push it. Someone is buying you a new engine.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #30
mjmnrem
2012 JK Wrangler 

Took mine to the dealer today for same problem. They said there is debris in the cooling lines/heater core. They are replacing the heater core. They also said there was debris in the radiator that looked like internal decomposition so they're replacing the radiator as well. Glad its all covered but scary there are so many problems with this. Hope this fixes mine.
mjmnrem is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.