2012 Jeep Power Dome Hood Problem / Recall - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Jeep Power Dome Hood Problem / Recall

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Closed Thread
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #91
stunt-man-hans

why all the nasty comments i don't get it?

i'm new here to this forum, hell i'm new to jeep altogether. i have always owned toyota trucks because they as a company have always taken care of stuff for me. they have gone way above and beyond for some of my friends on tacoma world and thats why i continued to buy their trucks. it's not that they are without fault my last truck had some issues but they fixed them and throughout the whole process i didn't have to worry about them telling me to go pound sand. that and i never had issues that went unresolved like with i'm experiencing with my wrangler.

i repeat business with company's that stand behind their products and are willing to make things right for customers. if that makes me or anyone else not a "jeep person" then thats fine by me.

you guys enjoy your forum i'm out.

stunt-man-hans is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #92
stunt-man-hans

mods please delete my account..
stunt-man-hans is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #93
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's simple: you bought a car based on a appearance package. Ok you have issues with ice and such but like any problem in life you work around it. If you have a problem with your hood I guarantee you could post it on craigslist and swap with someone. The dealership won't know one way or the other if it's been swapped or not after the lease ends. You might as well be claiming you have sand in your vagina with all this whining. Jeep won't care and No other dealer would for that matter. Embrace the suck.
MWV247 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #94
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt-man-hans
garden hoses freeze in the winter. not sure if your serious about that comment?

If you drain the water out of the hose, it will not freeze. Then, when you go to leave your house, turn the hose on to spray the windshield like normal, but take the additional step of spraying the hood. When you are done, shut the water off and drain the hose. It really is that simple with no vehicle modifications needed.

How are you currently getting the ice off of the windshield?

I am stunned at how long this thread is and how much drama has been made over nothing.

The comments have been funny though.
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #95
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

It is interesting. I read all 7 pages and feel that most of you gave the OP a hard time for a serious issue. I know if it was me, like the OP I would not want that piece of ice flying up into the windshield. I should not have to warm up the Jeep for 10-15 min. to get the ice out. One other thing. All of you, including the OP, over looked the best complaint route to take. File a safety complaint with the NHTSA. If they determine that a safety problem exists they can make Chrysler do a recall and fix the problem.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #96
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
If you drain the water out of the hose, it will not freeze. Then, when you go to leave your house, turn the hose on to spray the windshield like normal, but take the additional step of spraying the hood. When you are done, shut the water off and drain the hose. It really is that simple with no vehicle modifications needed.

How are you currently getting the ice off of the windshield?

I am stunned at how long this thread is and how much drama has been made over nothing.

The comments have been funny though.
Here again, extra work that an owner should not have to do, along with the possibility of cracking the windshield from the difference in temp of the water and the windshield.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #97
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmaveric
Here again, extra work that an owner should not have to do, along with the possibility of cracking the windshield from the difference in temp of the water and the windshield.
I have hosed off windshields all of my life and never had one crack because of it.

An owner should not have to remove snow or ice from their vehicle? Should Chrysler send someone to do it? This is a minor annoyance that is so easily dealt with. I have to admit I am against drilling holes, but for Pete's sake, park in a garage, remove the ice with a hose, use a car cover, urinate on the hood, whatever, but there are so many easy things to do. It sounds like the OP needed to post a thread to justify in his mind a reason to get rid of his Jeep. Hopefully the replacement vehicle is more to his liking. Will GM send someone to remove the from the truck's windshield?
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #98
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The problem isn't with the Jeeps its with the owners
MWV247 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #99
greensrogers

Wasn't trying to flame the op just trying to point out its a problem everyone knows about with that hood . Hell I just bought my mw3 this summer since it was a leftover new 2012 and the 2014 models were open for orders and found mine in Maryland cheaper than a newer rubicon. Did the research and have always had to take special care with The hood since the weather broke . But 15 minutes in the morning isn't a big deal since I'm usually scrapping windows on mine and the wife's rubicon .
greensrogers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #100
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Is it an issue for Jeep? Yes
Should they fix it at production? Yes
Will they? No
Should we research a vehicle before we buy it? Yes
Did he? No

Thats why he got flammed.
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #101
WhiteRavenRR
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010
Is it an issue for Jeep? Yes Should they fix it at production? Yes Will they? No Should we research a vehicle before we buy it? Yes Did he? No Thats why he got flammed.
Right on. I'm tired of reading this thread...end of discussion.
WhiteRavenRR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #102
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Hmm, definitely ran its course. Thread closed.
1222 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.