2012 Jeep Power Dome Hood Problem / Recall - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Jeep Power Dome Hood Problem / Recall

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:44 AM   #46
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJeep View Post
Your simple point is ? I believe a $40 pair of latches to change something I don't like , Versus a safety issue is a no brainer compared to spending 40 G's and having a safety issue AND Chrysler not doing anything about it Apostle seems you don't understand what we are saying here Jeep F-D UP with alot of EXPENSIVE vehicles ( water leaks engine problems etc etc ) and the point is some here just accept it and fix it themselves I dissagree with that and feel Chrysler needs to correct the problems THEY created
Jeep F-D up alot on these things. And i do believe the latches are a safety issue as well. And since they have been known about since 07 with no fix its clear Jeep does not care. So why are they going to care about the ice issue? They wont/dont.

So my point is if you come here and complain out an issue, experience tells us Jeep wont fix it, so you will get home brew fixes and suggestions. The OP started b!tchen about us giving solutions to his problem from our experiences.

There is so much more Jeep skimped on on the wrangler. and they are the same issues since 07, chrysler will not fix this issue based on past experience

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #47
DavidJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
Jeep F-D up alot on these things. And i do believe the latches are a safety issue as well. And since they have been known about since 07 with no fix its clear Jeep does not care. So why are they going to care about the ice issue? They wont/dont.

So my point is if you come here and complain out an issue, experience tells us Jeep wont fix it, so you will get home brew fixes and suggestions. The OP started b!tchen about us giving solutions to his problem from our experiences.

There is so much more Jeep skimped on on the wrangler. and they are the same issues since 07, chrysler will not fix this issue based on past experience
I gotta tell you Apostle I traded my 2008 in on a 2011 and no problems with the hood latches Jeep has fixed that problem it seems I complain here to voice a opinion about a problem that many seem to agree with I enjoy knowing that I am not alone with a particular problem because others comment on the same problem YET I feel somewhat strange when I walk into the Jeep service dept and before I even finish describing my jeep problem Jeep service replies ( without even raising the head up from looking at what ever they are looking at ) " Thats Normal " or " never herd of this before " I just went to my local Jeep service dept ( A big dealership in western centrl NJ ) asked them about the engine problems on the 2012 wrangler engines They replied " none at all " then I asked them about water leaks again just for laughs the reply " yours was the only one we ever seen " So coming here and reading that I am not alone with these problems atleast helps me get through the BS I get at my Jeep service dept !
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #48
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

08, 11, and now 12. all had the hood flutter issue. and that is what i am saying, jeep wont fix it.

everything i said was to the OP. He was complaining that he spent so much and jeep wont fix it. got upset that he spent so much and we gave him info on how to fix it himself.

it is what it is. go into it knowing the issues and deal with them yourself. lucky if you get a dealership that will at least try to fix them

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #49
DavidJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sad but True !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
08, 11, and now 12. all had the hood flutter issue. and that is what i am saying, jeep wont fix it.

everything i said was to the OP. He was complaining that he spent so much and jeep wont fix it. got upset that he spent so much and we gave him info on how to fix it himself.

it is what it is. go into it knowing the issues and deal with them yourself. lucky if you get a dealership that will at least try to fix them
Apostle the part about getting the dealer to fix anything is So TRUE However I will never ever accept poor quality and even poorer service EVER !!! NEVER ACCEPT THE UNACCEPTIBLE !!!!!
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #50
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Seems like life to me, Chrysler (or most any one) won't fix or do anything unless it
will benefit "them" money wise........
2008 4 door Sahara / Rescue Green Jeep Club Member #15
1992 YJ / White
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #51
nyrangersfan19
2012 JK Wrangler 

DavidJeep: Your current Jeep is a 2dr or 4dr? Sport or Rubicon?
What was your previous Jeep?
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #52
DavidJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan19 View Post
DavidJeep: Your current Jeep is a 2dr or 4dr? Sport or Rubicon?
What was your previous Jeep?
2008 2 door Sahara
2011 4 door Rubicon
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
bpz888
2012 JK Wrangler 

I sent a message to AEV asking for info on items I wanted to purchase and they responded very fast.
I sent them messages regarding my hood issue both in there forum and under the contact us area on there website and I get no response! Wonder why
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #54
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpz888 View Post
I sent a message to AEV asking for info on items I wanted to purchase and they responded very fast.
I sent them messages regarding my hood issue both in there forum and under the contact us area on there website and I get no response! Wonder why
They might have shut down for EJS.
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #55
oO_Rogue_Oo
2008 JK Wrangler 

What do you expect when you buy a Jeep that is named after a video game LMAO

Hood latches aren't faulty; the only time the hood flutters is when you change the rake of the front end by "leveling" the Jeep. It wasn't designed to be level.

Why would you contact AEV to address a stock Jeep hood issue. Talk to the people you bought the hood from. AEV doesn't warranty other peoples product. Thats like calling Infinity complaining that the stock speakers in your Jeep sound like crap.

On a positive note; I've had a real AEV hood for several years now with no ice or water buildup.
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #56
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo View Post
What do you expect when you buy a Jeep that is named after a video game LMAO

Hood latches aren't faulty; the only time the hood flutters is when you change the rake of the front end by "leveling" the Jeep. It wasn't designed to be level.

Why would you contact AEV to address a stock Jeep hood issue. Talk to the people you bought the hood from. AEV doesn't warranty other peoples product. Thats like calling Infinity complaining that the stock speakers in your Jeep sound like crap.

On a positive note; I've had a real AEV hood for several years now with no ice or water buildup.
My JK has a stock suspension/rake, the hood flutters on the highway.

AEV is the OE designer/manufacturer of the hood. Seems like a good place to ask for info to me. Like "Can the hood be fitted with the real heat reduction vents?"

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #57
bpz888
2012 JK Wrangler 

My hood flutters to but I'm not complaining about that or the leak I have in the rear driver side window. The flying blocks of ice are dangerous though, hopefully they come up with a fix or send me the hood with the vents and they can have this hood
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #58
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post

Have you contacted the Jeep Rep here on the forum? I believe his handle is "Jeep Cares" or something like that.
I suggest the Customer Service people for this one. The reason being it will be documented, even if nothing is done. Many people seem to be complaining on this forum. Enough of the same complaints to Jeep will give the issue more attention.

Maybe wait until April - I think they look at monthly numbers.

Jeep - 877-IAMJEEP (877-426-5337)

Operating Hours (less some holidays):
M-F 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET
Sat/Sun 9:00 am - 5:00 pm ET

http://www.jeep.com
email webform: www.jeep.com/jeepcares

For vehicle-related concerns, have the following information available before calling Customer Care:

•Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
•Current vehicle mileage
•Vehicle owner name
•Vehicle owner address
•Day and evening phone numbers
•Name of dealership
•An explanation of the problem
Unread 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #59
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJeep View Post
Apostle the part about getting the dealer to fix anything is So TRUE However I will never ever accept poor quality and even poorer service EVER !!! NEVER ACCEPT THE UNACCEPTIBLE !!!!!

And yet you bought another one...way to show those guys!
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #60
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk

And yet you bought another one...way to show those guys!
Haha

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.