2012 front door removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 front door removal

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
cooks128
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 front door removal

Is there a trick to get the wiring harness on the front doors disconnected? The manual says move the red clip to the right but on the 2012 the red clip can slide up or down, not left to right as stated in the manual. I'm been fighting with the connectors for 1/2 hour and at this point can't recall if the clip needs to be up or down....either way it's a pain.

sorry for not using the search function...flame away.

cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Keiff
2012 JK Wrangler 

Slide the center clip all the way down. This should allow you to disconnect. I struggled with mine for a bit... thinking that there was no lock clip. Once found... it went easy.
Keiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
cooks128
2012 JK Wrangler 

just got done....it's down. When I started one was up and one was down adding to the confusion.
cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
discordian
2012 JK Wrangler 

What is that wire for, anyway? My doors/mirrors are fully manual and I still have that.
Unread 11-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

It senses when your door is opened and closed. It affects your dome lights, radio, and that little message "door open"... I have the same thing on my 2010...
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
JemLT1YJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordian
What is that wire for, anyway? My doors/mirrors are fully manual and I still have that.
I started a thread about that too lol was just as confused and then someone answered me and was like DOH! Been thinkin of cutting mine... Dont need a dome light when i open the door anyway. Been afraid be my luck its just always be on!
JemLT1YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
discordian
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemLT1YJ

I started a thread about that too lol was just as confused and then someone answered me and was like DOH! Been thinkin of cutting mine... Dont need a dome light when i open the door anyway. Been afraid be my luck its just always be on!
My dash brightness control has a setting that doesn't turn the dome light on when the door is open... but the peeping for keys and lights and door open indicator.... yeah, that would get old with the doors off all sumer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using JeepForum
Unread 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
JemLT1YJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordian

My dash brightness control has a setting that doesn't turn the dome light on when the door is open...
Ya mine has that too, i was just mad i kinda got manual windows and locks because i didnt wanna mess with a wire... And still ended up with one!
JemLT1YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.