2012 Factory Service Manual - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012 Factory Service Manual

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

I agree this is f'd up. I can get all sorts of information for free on my wife's Kia Sorento.

tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
rkmark
2012 JK Wrangler 

Give it a few years - Chilton and Hayes will put something out. It just takes some time, there is usually no too much stress over getting aftermarket repair manuals out as soon as a vehicle is released. Chilton and Hayes really only make good money after vehicles pass over the 3 year mark - when warranties expire. That is when 90% of buyers begin to "require" a service manual. prior to that everything major is done at the dealership.

Not having a service manual has not stopped most JK owners on the forum for wrenching their Jeeps - I confident that I can still do a brake job or change the oil (though the location of the filter "element" has changed) on my 2012. Let alone add a lift or do other mods.

I could not get a service manual for my 2007 Mustang GT until 2009 - (actually that is when the 2005 - 2007 Hayes service manual was released - based on a teardown of a 2005 Mustang.)
rkmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

But that's a Ford, not a Jeep. There's a difference between buying an appliance car that never goes outside of cell phone range, and a vehicle *designed* to go places where no tow truck or cell phone tower will ever be. I mean, if your Chrysler 300 or Ford Mustang quits in the middle of the highway, you call Foad or Chiseler's 1-800 number, a tow truck shows up, they haul it to the nearest dealer. If your Jeep Rubicon quits in the middle of the Rubicon Trail... WTF are you going to do? Have someone haul it all the way out to civilization on a strap? When a quick check down some diagnostic trees in a FSM with your code scanner and DVM can say, "oh, that's the X sensor" and you can either figure out a way to get the thing into limp mode or send someone out to fetch said sensor from the outside world?

I bought the FSM for my 2006 LJ the day after I bought the LJ. It was expensive, but I viewed it as being as essential for wheeling as the oil pan skid that I added the week after that. Because it's not an appliance. It's a Jeep.
badtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
bluegrassguitar
2011 WK 

I hate to say it, but not having a FSM could be a deal breaker for me.
bluegrassguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassguitar View Post
I hate to say it, but not having a FSM could be a deal breaker for me.
I don't blame you. If I'd known before I bought my 2012 that there was no FSM, I likely would have said "fugghedaboutit" and stuck with enhancing my LJ. As it is, I simply couldn't conceive of the notion of a vehicle without a FSM -- I mean, I'm close to 50 years old, and never before in my entire corporeal existence on this planet has a FSM *NOT* been available for a car when I purchased it -- so I didn't even *think* about asking the question, "is a FSM available?".
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
bluegrassguitar
2011 WK 

badtux, I'm with you there. It would never have occurred to me to ask whether a FSM was available. But you know what they say about "assume."
bluegrassguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #22
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

At least I can look at the bright side on my predicament, I can use a 2007 FSM on my 2010.

As for Chilton manuals, they've always sucked and I'm sure they'll suck just as much with the JK manuals. In fact there are directions in quite a few manuals advising to take the vehicle to a qualified mechanic.
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #23
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavic View Post
In fact there are directions in quite a few (Chilton) manuals advising to take the vehicle to a qualified mechanic.
Taking my Jeep to a qualified mechanic is pretty easy, all I have to do is roll it forward a few feet into my garage .

Agreed that the Chilton manuals are useless. They've *always* been useless, even back in the 1970's when my dad bought one to rebuild the engine in my mom's VW Bug and ended up throwing it in the trash because it lacked anywhere near sufficient information to do that.
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #24
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavic View Post
At least I can look at the bright side on my predicament, I can use a 2007 FSM on my 2010.
I was just thinking about this, I would imagine (SP) that alot of things are the same from earlier years to my 2011. Maybe it would be a good idea to buy a 2008 manual?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmaveric

I was just thinking about this, I would imagine (SP) that alot of things are the same from earlier years to my 2011. Maybe it would be a good idea to buy a 2008 manual?
For drivetrain, I don't see why not.
Check out Scribd.com (public free sharing site). I haven't checked lately but someone may have uploaded an FSM there. I do know they have the parts catalogs with exploded diagrams available for download. Also Jeepsareus.com has exploded diagrams available as well.
Unread 10-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #26
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

subscribed
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #27
padgett
2012 WK 

Still have not been able to buy a FSM
Unread 10-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
geochandler
2012 JK Wrangler 

Still no manuals october 2012

Still nothing available for my 2012 Wrangler Sport from Jeep Chilton or Hayes yet. nuts. Flying by seat of pants.
geochandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

AllData DIY says their next document dump from Chiseler will be in November. They do have the 2011 there, we'll see if they bump to the 2012 in November. I'm one of those anal types who wants everything torqued to spec. It annoys me that if I do anything to the Jeep right now I have to sorta guess what the spec must be based on experience and past Jeeps... e.g., I'm torquing the lug nuts to 100 ft/lbs of torque. Correct? No idea, but that's a typical value for lug nuts so ...
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
STONER1

Just checked alldatadiy and they have added the 2012 jk fsm. It's not the complete service manual, it lacks wiring diagrams, but I'm sure they will be adding to it over time.
STONER1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.