Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2012 build a JK

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  starscream 
#1 ·
I bought my wife a KJ alittle while ago and I am really impressed with it. So I have been playing around with the build your own JK on Jeeps website and I cannot figure out if you can get the Navi with Sport S trim. Is it the connectivity group for Navi? I even tried the Sahara and it still does not have the option, well it might be there but I don't know what it is called. I don't want all the fancy stuff that comes with the Sahara. I want a Sport S with Navi, auto, half doors, and 3.73's. If I can't order the Navi stock can I buy it and plug and play or is there more to it?

Also is the stock Navi good? Are there yearly updates like an aftermarket unit? Do you have to pay for updates if there are?

One last thing the trac lok is it worth it? It says its a LSD, so I am guessing the stock rear is an open diff?

#2 ·
It's an entertainment option and it seems to be only availble on the Sahara or Rubi. Sales panflet seems to be the same. Talk to a dealer to be sure.

I got the 730 and so far I love it. Maps seem to be pretty good so far, did get an message about an unconfirmed area this weekend, was in a small town. But the map had all the lines. There are threads about the updates, I don't think that the gracenote and Nav get updated all that often. Nice bonus touch is the EVIC display will show you directions if the nav unit is not currently on map.

I got the LSD, my view was that it was a cheap option I don't know how much it helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

#8 ·
I have the 730N in the wife's WK2, and to be honest, I would have never paid for it as a $2000 option or whatever it is on the Sahara/Rubicon option list. Even $1000 for the 430N is too much in my opinion. They're okay units and do cool things, but damn are they overpriced. Of course the sound quality is definately lacking compared to aftermaket quality (like most factory radios) and the interface for the whole thing is already somewhat dated. Even the resolution is not up to today's aftermarket standards. When I get a JK I'm going to just get the stock radio and then go aftermarket for a navigation unit. Frankly, there's better stuff out there for far less money. I know you can't get these on a Sport model, but if you're thinking about adding one of these units later, either shop for a bargain or think hard about that retail price.

The Connectivity group is a separate option and NOT a part of the navigation options. With it you get Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth, a remote USB port, and the customizible EVIC (can change parameters easily and personalize them without weird key fob sequences or dealer trips for computer reflashes). I think having the upgraded EVIC is worth the price alone, IMHO.

#9 ·
Whoa that is crazy that they charge that much for the factory navi. I went on the mopar accessory site and they wanted $815 for the navi, which is not bad when compared to aftermarket units. I don't need or want the Connectivity, I never use my cell now as it is. I might look into an aftermarket unit alittle harder now because of the screen resolution.

Does anyone have a picture of the 12's dash lit up at night? I was wondering if they have the gauges have bluish color like the console has.

#11 ·
Factory navs are always way overpriced. Five years from now itll be pretty outdated. Plus, being a jeep, it has a high risk of getting stolen especially if you get a soft top. Id just buy a portable aftermarket one. you could take it out when u dont need it and put it in when you do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.