2012-2013 safety recall - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012-2013 safety recall

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
You guys are missing the point-

I'm talking about a safety letter concerning my '08 JKUR (5 years old) and it involves the SAME tranny lines, for a different leaik cause-

I quit-

JIMBO

I understood, Jim. Just saying there's a new one. I got mine in the mail recently.

Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #32
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I can digit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I understood, Jim. Just saying there's a new one. I got mine in the mail recently.
You would think, that after the 07 JK/JKU(6 years) having the same tranny line leak troubles Chrysler woulda paid a LITTLE more attention/w the 2012/2013, but NOPE-

Gotta acceptit, I guess !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Yeah, I can digit-

You would think, that after the 07 JK/JKU(6 years) having the same tranny line leak troubles Chrysler woulda paid a LITTLE more attention/w the 2012/2013, but NOPE-

Gotta acceptit, I guess !

JIMBO
Well they have a long list. Hood flutter, weak transfer case links, the JK lean...
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #34
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Got my Safety Recall Notice today.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #35
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss

Follow the hard metal lines from the power steering pump where they cross the trans cooler lines. Not every Jeep has an issue, I couldn't find any interference so I won't be taking it to have the dealer monkeys poke around under the hood. According to the recall letter they don't have the parts or a fix for it yet anyway.
yeah just got my letter it also says "we do not have the parts to fix this problem, But will send you another letter when the parts are a available"
I'll have to go check mine in the morning.
4:88 Yukon gears
KOR Drive shafts
04WJfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #36
proyham
2012 JK Wrangler 

This IS a new issue that Chrysler has suddenly recognized.
Be afraid. Do not disregard. Read on.
I do believe that this is for Pentastar engines only, but I am not sure about that.
Had this exact problem last year on my 2012 Rubicon. Stuck in the desert 25 miles from any assistance. Got towed in by a Forerunner!
Stupid 2 bit hanger that's supposed to hold the two cooler lines is a pencil thin plastic piece, friction fit into a hole on the RH side engine crankcase flange.
When it broke, the lines dropped onto the power steering tubes, front LH side of the engine, before they go out to the cooler in front of the radiator. Wore through and that's where the leak will occur.
The Jeep had never been off road to this point, so no abuse involved.
Local Palm Springs dealer said no warranty issue, so I paid to get it out of the shop, but continued to argue.
Months later, I was reimbursed, but there really was no recognition that this was an actual warranty problem.
Now, 10 months later, Chrysler does recognize a problem, and will hopefully put a better (49 cent!) piece in there to hold it all better. Woo-hoo!!
Here's link to the Safety Recall Notice, if you have not got one yet
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...3V234-3333.pdf
Do not ignore this, it can cause catastrophic issues, like a burned Jeep, which I have heard of.
Look under your Jeep, just inside of the RH front wheel, and see if the hanger and the two tubes are in place. One rock off the front wheel could break this feeble item, and/or damage the tubes themselves. I think that a guard should be placed here.
I want my stick shift back; no cooler!
proyham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.