2012-2013 safety recall - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2012-2013 safety recall

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's what you get for buying an auto! Or a jeep!
Seriously though, sad these idiots just keep building junk the same with the same problems. Nobody is accountable there I guess.

brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, yeah--cutit off twice and it's still to short-

Although it really is a remarkable vehicle, after 5 years of abuse/semi strain-it still ticks very well, with just the little crap-

like Tranny lines/fender liners/hood flap/top leaks/hand brake ain't-etc

I don't love my jeep, I love my wife, but I really enjoy both !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
That's what you get for buying an auto! Or a jeep!
Seriously though, sad these idiots just keep building junk the same with the same problems. Nobody is accountable there I guess.
It's the same everywhere. Toyota tried to flip the bird to Camry drivers that were having engines seize with under 10k miles, and truck owners that had their frames rusting to dust in only a couple of years. At least Jeep is owning up to a potential issue.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Toyota's auto-accelerating DBW systems a couple of years ago, too.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I remember that. Toyota's "engine oil gel" problems. Ummmm, don't you mean engine oil SLUDGE problems? I'll always buy Chrysler and Ford. Oh, and Porsche if I can ever afford it. Don't think I ever will though, and I'm ok with it...
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio

It's the same everywhere. Toyota tried to flip the bird to Camry drivers that were having engines seize with under 10k miles, and truck owners that had their frames rusting to dust in only a couple of years. At least Jeep is owning up to a potential issue.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Toyota's auto-accelerating DBW systems a couple of years ago, too.
Except jeep is calling 1 quart of oil per 500 miles normal on the 3.8, and screwing around with head issues on the 3.6 by changing parameters for the check engine light and everything too.
They are just owning up to the things they are forced into.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone have a pic or a link to one?
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #22
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoshum View Post
Does anyone have a pic or a link to one?
The recall letter?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #23
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
The recall letter?
I'd use that if we had received a recall... We didn't get a recall but I'd like to look at our Jeep to see if we should fix it anyway... Don't know where to look thou?
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.cars.com/jeep/wrangler/2013/recalls/
http://www.cars.com/jeep/wrangler/2013/recalls/
nhfd01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoshum View Post
I'd use that if we had received a recall... We didn't get a recall but I'd like to look at our Jeep to see if we should fix it anyway... Don't know where to look thou?
Follow the hard metal lines from the power steering pump where they cross the trans cooler lines. Not every Jeep has an issue, I couldn't find any interference so I won't be taking it to have the dealer monkeys poke around under the hood. According to the recall letter they don't have the parts or a fix for it yet anyway.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I haven't received anything for my 2013 but with all of these manufacturing recalls on all makes of vehicles makes me want to go buy another 79 chevy truck no computers and easy to work on

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #27
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Sad that they would engineer failure into the newer models after the previous recalls on the 2007-2011.
Hell, I wonder why Jeep still thinks it's okay to use plastic ball joints, still thinks it's a good idea to weld the trackbar mounting brackets onto the axles with the strength of a paper mache project, and still thinks it's cool to hang the steering stabilizer off the bottom of the tie rod.
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #28
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

from what I remember it was basically the same issue, but in '12 or maybe it was even '13 didn't they replace the rubber hose for the tranny cooler with an aluminum "pipe" more like a high pressure AC line so that it wouldn't wear through?
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinline View Post
i haven't received anything for my 2013 but with all of these manufacturing recalls on all makes of vehicles makes me want to go buy another 79 chevy truck no computers and easy to work on

sent from my iphone using jeepforum

+5
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Except jeep is calling 1 quart of oil per 500 miles normal on the 3.8, and screwing around with head issues on the 3.6 by changing parameters for the check engine light and everything too.
They are just owning up to the things they are forced into.
They're all a-holes, and anyone who thinks differently has watched that movie about the Tucker car company too many times.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.