2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #31
xsdbs

Kpauley,
You'll want to perform the Uconnect SW update that is for the 2011 vehicles built prior to 6-1-2011. I just made a new thread with the instructions and the link for the update. The thread location is located below.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2.../#post14166338

This update IS NOT the one that we are taking information for in this thread. This update is for fast choppy audio on several phones and the Apple product. It also is for the "error occurred" message that some are getting when plugging an iPod or Iphone into the docking cable.

The update that I am trying to have worked on is for streaming audio quality only and would be an add on to the one that is in the thread above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
Thanks for all your efforts on this XSDBS, I see your postings in a ton of forums and you've been helping a lot of people.

Yea, I've been trying to stream with an iPad2, it's skipping all over, going fast, unusable. Will be getting a new iPhone 5 here shortly, will report back with that once I get it but I'm afraid it will be the same. Would love to have a fix for this. For the heck of it I tried the update that XSDBS has posted in several forums for the 2012's and got it to finally try to load but it says it's incompatible with my radio. Is there any way to fix this, even by going to a dealer and getting the update?

We have an early build 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it was built in August 2010.

RBZ Radio System info shows:
Application: 08.03.02
Audio CPU: 021210
Sirius: 08.00.175E
Gracenote: 93F
System: 0101
Serial Number: T00AM2240T7352

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB
2) blue-coupe 2011 Wrangler RHB
3) jim11787 2011 wrangler RHB
4) munch520 2011 Rubi RES
5) brycec 2011 JKR RHB
6) kpauley 2011 WK2 RBZ
7)
8)
9)
10)

xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
xsdbs

if you haven't had the TSB 08-019-12 update performed yet, then it will be the first thing that you want to do. Yoiu can find the instructions and file in the thread link below:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2.../#post14166338
Lets start from there, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriejeep View Post
I am having the same problem. Can't stream from my Samsung Galaxy S.

5) brycec 2011 JKR RHB
6) kpauley 2011 WK2 RBZ
7) karriejeep 2011 WK2 RHB
8)
9)
10)
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
xsdbs

Sorry for not dropping in sooner, just have been crazy with work and the kids starting back to school. Ok, The update for the sound quality is being worked on and hopefully I'll have a test version in about 3 weeks.
I was told that there is not enough memory in the module to do anything for the iPod stutter at the begining of a new song but that there will be a significant difference in streaming audio.

5) brycec 2011 JKR RHB
6) kpauley 2011 WK2 RBZ
7) karriejeep 2011 WK2 RHB
8) aftahours 2011 JKU RES
9)
10)
Unread 09-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #34
karriejeep
2011 WK 

The TSB 08-019-12 update worked for me. My streaming audio quality is just fine, other than the fact I have to turn up the volume a lot higher compared to listening to the radio. But it works properly now and that's all that matters!
karriejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #35
xsdbs

Where is the volume of the phone when streaming audio? It should be atleast 3/4 full volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriejeep View Post
The TSB 08-019-12 update worked for me. My streaming audio quality is just fine, other than the fact I have to turn up the volume a lot higher compared to listening to the radio. But it works properly now and that's all that matters!
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #36
xsdbs

OK, so here's the update for the Bluetooth Streaming audio on 2011 vehicles with 1 of the following radios ONLY:
RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB
For 2011 vehicles built prior to 6-1-2011 that have already had either 1 of these TSBs performed (#08-036-11, 08-036-11 rev A, 08-019-12). Your vehicle must have 1 of these TSBs performed. If your vehicle has not had the TSB performed, please let me know and I’ll help walk you thru what you need to do.
1) This is an update for the Bluetooth streaming audio sound quality.
2) There was not enough memory left to safely do anything for the iPod stutter at the beginning of the next track.

Here's the file and instructions for the 2011 Uconnect Bitpool update.
***Important note: Please make sure that the vehicle battery power is not interrupted. This could cause damage to the update and the module. The best procedure is to have the vehicle running during the process. *****
You will need a thumb drive of at least 1GB. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Once it is downloaded to the thumb drive, please rename it so the file is uconnect.upd (basically delete everything up to Uconnect.upd).
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console or glove box USB connector on vehicles with the factory installed unit. If you have the Mopar kit installed, the USB connector may be in the glove box. This cable is an optional cable <PN 82212160> and may not have been installed if the kit was installed at the Dealer.
Press and release the Uconnect button and say “set up, software update”. You should hear "update started". This process should take about 10 - 15 minutes; there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display.

High Speed CAN BUS vehicles use the link below for downloading the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ovyaa0n1cbuhs97
Low Speed CAN BUS vehicles use the link below for downloading the file:
<I have added the Low Speed CAN BUS file here also because people from other forums and with other vehicles will possibly find this thread and if I didn't have it listed, I would have to start a new thread for it. So I'm just saving some time (perhaps just being lazy) for others ans well as myself>

http://www.mediafire.com/?6are7vroedrjdoz
Please reply back with your results. I have tested it myself and have also had a couple of friends test it for me.
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
blue-coupe
2011 JK Wrangler 

I had the dealer perform an update on my radio last weekend, and that seems to have fixed most of the streaming issues. I wouldn't say the audio quality is great (not near as good as USB), but it is at least functional.
blue-coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #38
xsdbs

If yours is a 2011 vehicle, then you'll want to apply this update and be surprised at the difference afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-coupe View Post
I had the dealer perform an update on my radio last weekend, and that seems to have fixed most of the streaming issues. I wouldn't say the audio quality is great (not near as good as USB), but it is at least functional.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.