2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you do realize there is a TSB bulletin out for this, right? and no, I'm not making it a sticky.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
xsdbs

The dealer won't be able to do anything about it besides put another 2011 module in and it'll be the same. What is more the problem is that the phone mfgs make changes to stay ahead of the market, well that's fine. However they need to work closer to the ccar kit companies to make sure that the changes will work with the kits that are currently on the market. If not then everyone is in for a big surprise when something doesn't work correctly.
Just as with phone updates. There have been several people with phones that worked great, then an OTA was applied and then the phone starts to have problems.
It works well for some other people because their phones bt streaming audio bitpool is within the supported range that has been supported by phones and Uconnect for a couple years. Just because the phones change and go outside of the supported profile isn't Uconnects fault. The modules only have so much memory to work with and it gets eaten up everytime there is an update made.
In the 2012 modules there is new HW and memory chip which gives more room for enhancements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-coupe View Post
The more I think about this, the more I think I will make a warranty claim on this the next time I take the JK in for service. I paid too much for this feature to not work properly, especially if it is working well for others.
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
xsdbs

well, let's see here if you're sure of what you said.
1) The TSB that you're referring to for the 2011 vehicles, is 08-019-12. Correct?
2) That TSB is for the 2011 vehicles built after 6-1-2011 and also have the "AK" level part in them.
3) The vehicles built prior to 6-1-2011 have either an "AG' or "AH" level part in them.
4) There is nort currently a TSB for better streaming audio sound quality for those early built vehicles.
5) The TSB from last year (#08-036-11 rev A) was to help with the "error occurred" message for the ipods & iphones).
6) yes, this TSB # 08-036-11 rev "A" did help with some phones BTSA quality. But those were phones that were built and had a bitpool within the supported range.
7) Newer phones within the last year have started to support a bitpool that is out of the supported range and are causing the issue of low quality sound.
8) The 2012 UC modules have new HW & memory chips that give more room for added enhancements.

I really don't get why you don't want to place this as a sticky. Mostly because, the more names that are on the list, the more likely it is that something can be done to help it. I have this same thread on 6 other forums and are getting names.
Having this as a sticky is beneficial because when a member searches for "Uconnect" this would be close to the top instaed of having no idea about it and scrolling thru issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
you do realize there is a TSB bulletin out for this, right? and no, I'm not making it a sticky.
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Jim11787

Jim11787
Rhb
iPhone 4s
Constant issues with streaming. Stopped using it.
Jim11787 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
xsdbs

Hey Jim,
Tell me something. If you are streaming audio, is the sound ok while the back lighting is off? Does the iPhone start to sound choppy when you turn the back lighting on to see the "now playing" screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim11787 View Post
Jim11787
Rhb
iPhone 4s
Constant issues with streaming. Stopped using it.
Unread 07-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
brycec
2011 JK Wrangler 

I haven't started looking into this yet for a solution, but I bought a 2011 JKR (RHB) on Monday and noticed that the two times I've used BTSA from my iPhone 4S it has been terrible. When it connects, it plays the song on fast forward for about 15 seconds. Same thing if I change tracks. Then the audio quality itself sucks. It made it sound like my tweeters were blown. Lastly, I have to turn the volume on the unit way up to hear it.
brycec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #22
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Matt
RES radio
2011 JKU Rubi
iPhone4

Streaming quality is TERRIBLE and I haven't used it more than once. Just awful. I have the USB input in center console, I just use that.
Munch520 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
xsdbs

I'd say by the description of the issue that your vehicle was built prior to 6-1-2011, correct. If so then you'll need to apply the TSB 08-036-11 rev "A" first. This will take care of the choppy audio. Then you'll want to add your name to the list that I'm trying to get together here.

For the TSB uconnect update, you can either take it to the dealer and have it done or do it yourself. I have the instructions and update file in the link below. See post #14
http://www.----wrangler----forum----...-149162-2.html

(take the ------ out of the link above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycec View Post
I haven't started looking into this yet for a solution, but I bought a 2011 JKR (RHB) on Monday and noticed that the two times I've used BTSA from my iPhone 4S it has been terrible. When it connects, it plays the song on fast forward for about 15 seconds. Same thing if I change tracks. Then the audio quality itself sucks. It made it sound like my tweeters were blown. Lastly, I have to turn the volume on the unit way up to hear it.
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #24
xsdbs

just a little update on the 2011 streaming audio sound quality in vehicles with the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB).
The update is being worked on and there is an iPod issue that is being worked on also. The iPod issue is where a song starts to play, then there is about a 1 second pause, then play continues. If both issues can be fixed with the amount of memory left in the module, this will be great. I'll let you know more when I hear anything.
just a little update on the 2011 streaming audio sound quality in vehicles with the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB).
The update is being worked on and there is an iPod issue that is being worked on also. The iPod issue is where a song starts to play, then there is about a 1 second pause, then play continues. If both issues can be fixed with the amount of memory left in the module, this will be great. I'll let you know more when I hear anything.

[QUOTE=xsdbs;13812599]come on now, this isn't that difficult to understand. The title is for 2011 vehicles and asking for you to add your information to the list by cutting out the previous members name, pasting it to the body of your reply, then add your information.

EX: xsdbs wrangler RHB

EX: continued (here you'll notice that I cut my information out and added it into the body of my reply below).

1) xsdbs 2011 Wrangler RHB
2) blue-coupe 2011 Wrangler RHB
3) jim11787 2011 wrangler RHB
4) munch520 2011 Rubi RES
5) brycec 2011 JKR RHB
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #25
kpauley
1974 CJ5 

Thanks for all your efforts on this XSDBS, I see your postings in a ton of forums and you've been helping a lot of people.

Yea, I've been trying to stream with an iPad2, it's skipping all over, going fast, unusable. Will be getting a new iPhone 5 here shortly, will report back with that once I get it but I'm afraid it will be the same. Would love to have a fix for this. For the heck of it I tried the update that XSDBS has posted in several forums for the 2012's and got it to finally try to load but it says it's incompatible with my radio. Is there any way to fix this, even by going to a dealer and getting the update?

We have an early build 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it was built in August 2010.

RBZ Radio System info shows:
Application: 08.03.02
Audio CPU: 021210
Sirius: 08.00.175E
Gracenote: 93F
System: 0101
Serial Number: T00AM2240T7352

5) brycec 2011 JKR RHB
6) kpauley 2011 WK2 RBZ
7)
8)
9)
10)
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #26
karriejeep
2011 WK 

I am having the same problem. Can't stream from my Samsung Galaxy S.

5) brycec 2011 JKR RHB
6) kpauley 2011 WK2 RBZ
7) karriejeep 2011 WK2 RHB
8)
9)
10)
karriejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
aftahour
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2011 jku sport. Don't know which radio I have but my iPhone4 doesn't work with the USB connection most the time. The bluetooth streaming sux big time. herd there is a software update. Anyone try it?
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
JeepCares

You can get more information on Uconnect at driveuconnect.com.
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #29
fuseman13
2013 JK Wrangler 

2013 JKU with UCONNECT 130
iPhone 3GS works fine. Audio quality is less than desirable but pandora, spotify, and my iTunes library stream without any problems. Audio quality sucks with Sirius too.
I have an older 80 gig iPod that stays connected to the USB connector in my console and it works fine as well...audio quality is much better too.
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
aftahour
2011 JK Wrangler 

2011 jku 130s/res then
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.